Dynavector XV-1s vs. Transfiguration Temper w

Anyone listened to these cartridges in their system. Could you discribe any differences. I have a Basis 2200 Signature w/ a Vector 4 arm and XV-1s cart. Phono pre is a Aesthetix Rhea Signature. Thanks, Greg
gandme
I would generally agree on the assessment of the XV-1S as slow and anemic - at least in my system. I have had a number of cartridges in similar systems including the aforementioned Dynavector as well as the Zyx UNIverse and Ortofon MC A90 and I can tell you that, at least in my system with my ears, the Dynavector was not in the same class as either of the other two.

Have also heard the latest Benz LPS in a similar system and it also easily bested the Dynavector.

I'm a huge fan of Dynavector's more modestly-priced cartridges, especially the DV20x, but I think their top level models lag behind many of the rest.

IMO, YMMV, etc, etc
Hfisher

If you have the tracking and other issues you related below, perhaps it is not the XV-1s that is deficient. I personally have never had any of these issues you describe on all your tables.

BTW, I have never heard the XV-1 sound particularly good when used with SUT's. Wth dyna carts I agree with Raul and active phono stages are a lot better. That is why dyna made an active head amp and not a SUT- to get the best out of their carts.

To be more precise, I've had Avid Volvere and Oracle Delphi V and VI tables, 2 SME Vs, one Graham Phantom, and multiple cartridges including Benz Ruby, Zyx UNIverse, Dynavector XV-1s and Ortofon MC A90. In every case I have had EXACTLY the same issues you are describing - with the added caveat that some of the combos gave me tracking issues in the right channel. With my current set-up (Delphi VI, Phantom and A90) I seem to be getting the best overall tracking performance but only with more than max antiskating and the DIN connector rotated all the way counterclockwise. All in all, skipping in the lead-in groove was worst with the XV-1s (the issue you're having) and tracking was worst with the UNIverse - the issue always appearing to be related to excessive skating force causing skipping ahead or mistracking.
Just FYI, Dynavector just came out w/ a new SUT. It is called the Sup-200, and retails for $2,650 US.
thanks Fjn

Very interesting, taken them 30 years. back to the future:-)
will be interesting on feedback if anyone has tried it.

that said, folks have had good performance from the Tron phono and XV-1s - low impedance - high gain SUT.
Wow Downunder, that must have been quite the research project you undertook to uncover my postings form previous years!

I haven't really made any progress in my strange tracking issues - as I have stated on previous occasions the "problem" is strange but doesn't really result in audible mistracking on more than a few records. I've come to the conclusion that it must be something funky with my room - perhaps some magnetic drag on the cartridge or something, hard to say. Again though, it's mostly on testing, rather than listening, that the "problem" becomes evident. Any further suggestions then please do let me know.

In the meantime, I don't think this invalidates my opinion on cartridges as, again, the overwhelming majority of records track perfectly. My personal opinion on the XV-1S is as stated but YMMV. I didn't hate the thing, just though it was not up the the level of the UNIverse or XV-1S (or likely the Benz LPS in a similar system with a different table/arm). And usually I am a big fan of Dyna cartridges.