Turntable Recommendation for Beginner

I want to get into Analog by starting with a nice turntable and phono pre. I have not had a turntable since I was in high school in the 80's. I know very little about what is out there now. The rest of my system is all Audio Research with B&W 801's , Transparent and Shunyata cables etc... so I would like for my turntable to be of similar level.
Thank you
vdosc
Hey, Map. I didn't get into phono preamps in my earlier posting. Vdosc, are we to assume that you have a good line stage and just need a phono stage? Sorry, i didn't look at your system before asking. I had a very well regarded, pretty expensive phono stage for several years, did the whole tube rolling thing with top grade (read expensive) NOS tubes, etc. and despite the fact that this was a serious, highly regarded stage, my system (given its particular idiosyncrasies) now sounds dramatically better with a different stage. So, it ain't just what's good or expensive - it's gotta work in your system. Isn't the ARC Ref stage about 6 grand used? Given that you use other ARC components, that may be the ticket.
My primary recommendation is find a dealer who can assist you.
Tts are something whichneed a little local TLC.. so finding a local dealer whp can help you out is more important than the brand of TT.
You need a dealer familiar with TTs and what goes well with which.
Problem is most dealers have lost all those skill sets..
If no local dealer, than one of the big internet sellers with a great reputation on TT setup.
The OP is asking for a turntable recommendation for a "beginner" and people come back "I know ziltch about TT" and a list of mega bucks tables. Don't forget to get the Talos tonearm and the Atlas cart to go along with that beginner table. Come on people.

Seriously, I second Elizabeth advice since you might need help with the set-up and adjustments and it's much easier if you buy locally. It would also be helpful to know your budget.
Act- with all due respect, he said two things: beginner, and want stuff comparable to the ARC/B&W,etc equipment he has. As you will note, I started with relatively low budget- I think the WT is under 3k and the VPI less than 6. I'm sure there are cheaper tables, new, but frankly, I think when people start with a 1500 dollar turntable package and then wonder what the hype of vinyl is about, the answer is obvious.
I do agree that having competent set up help is a must. I still rely on set up people to help me, and I've been doing this along time.
Not trying to stir up trouble here, because you'll see that's not my style, but as they say "I want to make it clear for the record." (pun intended).
Best,
bill hart
VPI has a new turntable - "the Trveler" that sounds way better then its asking price. You could get a cartridge installed perfectly by the factory and be done except for the listening.