Ebay LP Purchases

I am just getting back into vinyl after many years. There are a number of albums from the 1970's I would like to (re)purchase. What has been your experience on buying used vinyl on ebay? Any tips or warnings? Do sellers overstate the condition? Thanks in advance.
teeshot
If someone has good feedback on the grading, I would have no problems dealing with them. I'd say about 90% of the records I've bought were accurately graded. The ones that weren't were cheap enough that I didn't really care. I would worry more if I were buying something relatively rare and expensive. For the most part, I consider my Ebay record purchases a positive experience. BTW, there are also a lot of people right here selling some great stuff, so I would check first.
I have had good luck with ebay. Like others have said stay with reputable sellers (high feedback)and you should be fine. That being said no matter where you buy used vinyl you are assuming some risk.

Chuck
try to buy at least several from the same seller to save on shipping. $4 per record? Gimme break coz I can buy for $4 at the local store
I usually don't buy off of E-Bay, but I am trying to complete my Mobile Fidelity and Nautilus LP collections and E-Bay has had alot of the titles I needed.

I must be lucky because over the past 6 months I have bought probably around 100 LPs and all of them have been perfect, (or at least the condition they were listed). I haven't purchased any regular records, so I can't comment on those sellers.

I also try to buy different titles from the same seller.

Some of the packaging has been horrible, but the LPs arrived okay. I just don't get some of the sellers lack of proper packaging...it's not rocket science. That's my only complaint, so far, about buying on E-Bay.