Ebay LP Purchases

I am just getting back into vinyl after many years. There are a number of albums from the 1970's I would like to (re)purchase. What has been your experience on buying used vinyl on ebay? Any tips or warnings? Do sellers overstate the condition? Thanks in advance.
teeshot
I have had good luck with ebay. Like others have said stay with reputable sellers (high feedback)and you should be fine. That being said no matter where you buy used vinyl you are assuming some risk.

Chuck
try to buy at least several from the same seller to save on shipping. $4 per record? Gimme break coz I can buy for $4 at the local store
I usually don't buy off of E-Bay, but I am trying to complete my Mobile Fidelity and Nautilus LP collections and E-Bay has had alot of the titles I needed.

I must be lucky because over the past 6 months I have bought probably around 100 LPs and all of them have been perfect, (or at least the condition they were listed). I haven't purchased any regular records, so I can't comment on those sellers.

I also try to buy different titles from the same seller.

Some of the packaging has been horrible, but the LPs arrived okay. I just don't get some of the sellers lack of proper packaging...it's not rocket science. That's my only complaint, so far, about buying on E-Bay.
I could not imagine buying a used LP from anyone over the internet that I could not physically take out of the jacket and inspect for myself New and sealed however are no problem.

I guess I am fortunate to live in an area that has used record shows 6-7 times a year. There are also many shops where I can obtain used vinyl. At an average of $2.00 an album, I have up to three copies of some titles I really like - all in very good to pristine condition.

I do not know where you live Teeshot, but start checking google for used record shows and shops in or near your area. Also, do not overlook Goodwill, Thrift Shops and 1/2 Price book stores as they have used record departments. I once found a mint copy of Supertramps Paris double record album for $1.50 at a 1/2 Price Book Store. I swear the records were never even played. Good luck and have fun - used record scrounging is a blast.