Micro Seiki, or TW AC-1

I'm trying to decide between Micro Seiki RX 5000 and TW AC-1.
They are approx. the same price used (about $10K)
Both are belt drive.
Unfortunately, I don't have a first hand experience with either of the tables.
You can see my current set-up in my system page.
The reason, I want to make a change from DD TT to belt drive is just to try a different approach.
Also, I have a feeling, that the bass would be one of the areas, where MS and TW might have an edge over my current DD Technics SP-10 MkII
My endeavor into analog is fairly new, so I'm not sure what my final choice in analog would be, unless I try it in my own system.
What I'm really interested in is the following:
Sonic differences b/w MS, TW and Technics SP-10 MkII
Reliability
Service availability.
maril555
Raul,
Appreciate your advice. I can envision all the complexities, involved in integrating subs into the system, but fortunately, I have a professional acoustician (Synergy Audio&Video)doing an initial (and hopefully final) setup for me.
He knows my system and room very well, so I'm hoping for a great outcome.
Is Brinkmann sold in USA? It is also black & heavy, but it has a no-drift-motor.
Brinkmann is sold in US. The dealers recommend putting them on Vibraplanes for proper isolation. They had been sold with HRS platforms. I've heard the Bardo compared to the Balance in the same system. I preferred the belt drive Balance. I bound the Bardo to be a bit thin and lean sounding. The Balance sounded more natural.
We all like to have our choices validated in internet forums but my take on all this is that there is no such thing as a perfect isolated product and it's all about the SYSTEM and YOUR ears. This is especially true with turntables which are ultimately a set of compomises designed into a final solution. A deck is also inextricably bound to an arm and a cartridge and in my experience they will all effect the perceived character of eachother when teamed together. There is no 100% neutral reference arm/cart combination to use as a constant in turntable comparisons and even if they was you can bet one deck would show more synergy to it than the other !

In any event, one mans 'leading edge enhancement' (through perhaps a gimballed arm, SS phonostage and amplification and a set of Wilsons) is another man's 'perfection' (when piped into say valve electronics, a unipivot and a set of electrostatics). Some people chase the ultimate in neutraliy, others actually want a little more colour and density engineered into the sound. Why ? because to some people's ears it makes the system more enjoyable and for those people enjoyment is paramount rather than hoisting a flag at the very top of the mountain named "fidelity".

I have not heard an MS but I don't doubt that it's a very fine tt, also up there with the best 1% of decks in the world. I would also like to bet though that it too has shortcomings, colourations or an assortment of strengths and weaknesses as well as a synergy for certain arms, carts and electronics and a equal and opposing dislike of others. The point here is that any bitching, nitpicking and fervent cruscades at this level are surely just politically or financially motivated. Choices at this lofty position are in my opinion much more to do with brand idenitity, perceived desireability and quality, dealer and importer support, longevity, ease of setup, maintenance, engineering prowess and of course - the big one - LOOKS. Every deck has shortcomings and these should always be either embraced or negated with the system setup, the system chain and room acoustics.

My advice to OP is to try and listen to both decks in the context of your own system and then decide yourself.
Dear Lotus340r: Nice post. Why I can't see analog rig on your Agon virtual system?, just curiosity.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.