Turntable setup under $2000?

I'm interested in knowing peoples opinions on the best complete turntable setups (could be used) in the $1500-$2000 range (including deck,arm and cartridge).

I'm a total tt newbie, but would like to start off with a somewhat decent tt setup that would last a long time without feeling the need to upgrade.

I listen to mostly rock/pop type music, largely from the 60'/70's/80's, but also enjoi disco and female vocals as Adele.I would like a setup to suit such tastes.Want to have deeper bass, especially for early Beatles albums.
My current system: amp: YBA Integre DT, Loudspeakers Polk Audio LSI15, CD player Exposure 3010

Any advice would be much appreciated.
rockstream
Obviously you will get the most bang for your buck if you buy used and remain patient. A great deal may not be here this week, or even next. Look through the used market even if not buying, just to get a feel of the market. Less than a year ago I picked up a VPI Scout with upgraded Scoutmaster platter and Nordost wired JMW 9 arm for about $1150, added a Sumiko Blackbird cartridge for $450 and have a damn nice rig for $1600.

As a newbie, you may be better off looking for a Rega or MMF table/arm combo. There is less tweaking involved. You might want to look for a nice P5. Personally, if it were me, and I was looking now, I'd grab that Rega P9 that's selling for $1350.
If new to TT and there setup then I would clearly go with a VPI traveler table. A table that looks great and seems easy to setup and maintain. A table that most likely will keep its value with a company that has excellent customer support. A no brainer for you at this point. The best and enjoy the spin.
I do not believe his Exposure amp has a phono section unless he did get the optional phono card. If not, yes he will need to get a phono preamp and can consider getting the Exposure option through his delaer. Its about $500.

WRT the table, I second Mechans recommendeation for the VPI Traveler. I have auditioned this table and its sound and build quality are outstanding for the money, $1300 new. Add a good cartridge at around $400 and now your at $1700. That leaves $300 for a preamp and that should be plenty for a good solid state model to match well up with the Traveler.

I would recommend a Musical Fidelity V-LPS MkII at $180 or the Pro-ject Phono Box S at $200. You are under your total $2000 budget. See, no worries on your way to enjoying the warm, lush sound of vinyl.
Marantz TT-15 S1
$1499.00 list

You might be able to find it cheaper than the list price. Look into this set-up, its got some great components bundled into an easy to set up system.

Good luck