WBT vs Eichmann

Are Eichmann better ?
grisslehamn
Interesting you should ask as WBT just announced their new plugs... look a lot like bullet plugs.....

It will be interesting to see what hapens to RCA's in general if this new style of plug catches on...
From an ergonomic and ease-of-use standpoint, I prefer the Eichmann bullet plugs. They grip the RCA connectors tightly, yet remove easily...no confusion about which way to turn a locking barrel. They are also less fragile. From a sonics standpoint, several manufacturers have told me they prefer the WBT Nextgen connectors, but I have never compared identical interconnects terminated with the WBT and Eichmanns.
I like the Eichmann Silver Bullets on my Signal Cable Silver Resolution RCA's. I damaged an RCA jack and amplifier with locking barrels that clamped down so tight it was a wrestling match getting them off.
Jay
i have been told that WBT sounds more brittle, delicate, frail compared to Eichmann .And with less detail in highs.

So to me it sounds Eichmann is the way to go.
I can't corroborate what you've been told, Grissleham, regarding the sound of the WBT Nextgen connectors being brittle, and with less detail in the highs. I currently own a pair of Revelation Audio Paradise interconnects that use the WBT Nextgen, and those interconnects have none of the qualities you describe. In fact, they're the best silver ICs I've heard in my system. However, I still pefer the Eichmann Silver Bullets from the standpoint of ease-of-use...and, they sound terrific, too.