Bi-wire v's single with jumper leads.

Hi,
I am looking for your views on which you think are better.
A good set of bi-wire cables or a better single cable run with a good set or jumper leads?
Thank you.
jams70
Biwiring has not sounded as coherent each time I've tried it. Single wiring for me.
you will get a million opinions on this subject, the view that it is very system dependant is accurate IMO.

Unfortunetly a pair of jumpers can be quite expensive so it ruins some of the advantage of using a single run of better wire

buy used try for yourself and sell at a minimal loss the wire you don't want.

fwiw: a nice way to hook up a single run of wire to a speaker with two sets of terminals is to hook up the + to the tweeter + and the - to the woofer - then use the jumpers as normal. this evens out any favoring of the drivers a normal hookup (both wires to the tweeter for instance) would bring.
I have talked to Richard Vandersteen about this very thing. He says that bi-wiring is the best for any speaker that is designed for it..that has an input for the lows and another for the highs. The cables have to be separate runs for each input...that is, you can't have a single cable that splits at the speaker end for bi-wire. I have done that setup as he recommends, and can definitely hear the difference. In addition, I like seperate + and -wires as well. All can view the technical reasons on the Vandersteen website.
At the end of the day, it all comes together at the amp. Vandersteen as noted above, and DIY'er Jon Risch over at AudioAsylum recommend bi-wiring when the HF/LF crossover boards are totally separated, and they each give reasons why bi-wiring is a better approach in that case. My monos have dual binding posts as do my speakers, and I have taken advantage of that to try two totally separate (single)runs of a high quality cable. However, that set-up was bested by a more conventional bi-wire cable, but one in which there are two separate and equal awg runs connected only at a single amp binding post. I can see that there would be a camp that advocates (for a given purchase price) purchasing the highest quality single run cables you can afford then using jumpers, instead of a lesser quality bi-wire cable. BTW, jumpers can be inexpensively constructed using high quality wire obtained through places like Partsconnexion. IMO, instead of using jumpers, the best way would be to solder the speaker lead wires inside your speaker to a single binding post. Few absolutes in this hobby when matching different equipment and wires, so I doubt there will ever be consensus on this question.
Philjolet makes good sense. Wherever possible, try both options in your own system. Though my experience also points to more coherent sound with single wire/jumpers, it's irrelevant to you. Strictly speaking, you must be the judge on this issue, neither I nor anyone else, including the "experts".