Entry Level Cables

Hello!

I'm currently in the process of upgrading my system a little bit at a time. Right now I'm using a Onkyo SR606 with some basic terrible speakers. I added the Onkyo for xmas and now I'm ready to upgrade my mains. I don't have much of a budget, so right now I've been looking at Paradigm's Titans or possibly a good deal on Paradigm's Reference Studio 20. Assuming I purchase the 20, what would be a good, entry level cable to run?

I've heard that I can't go wrong with Kimber's 8TCs, but they are just a bit beyond my currently target range of $100-$200 total to wire both speakers. Since I'm new, I most certainly don't want to make any terrible mistakes and skimp on the cabling and make my speakers essentially worthless. On the other hand, $400-$500 for cables is just too much for me right now.

Thanks for the input!
smwatson
The neat thing about any hobby is this.... When it comes to descerning quality.. you're the judge and jury.

or you should be.

If what you mean is which measuring stick should be used, that's another subject. many go with the attempt to emulate live music. Some shoot for imaging and ambient retreval. some like it wet, big andd fat... Many choose sheer neutraility across the board.

Reality, or the illusion of it with the addition of platable ease and flow are my preffs. If there's to be a compromise with regard to neautraility, I'll lean towards warmth... albeit not by a lot.

I don't think there truly is a Holy Grail in any facet of this hobby... as to cables, preamps,sources, etc.

Some good road signs that one is headed in the right direction IMO, are

A broad smile on your face when the music is playing

Knees bobing up and down

Toes tapping

turning it off is not a predominant thought

Goose bumps

Jaw on floor

Numerous bruises from repeated pinchings, stemming from
constant disbelief.

Anxious desire to hear more of the collection

Continued yawning throughout the day from lack of sleep due to extensive listening sessions.

Results will vary of course.

The real trick... the key to all this IMO, is being happy with what you have, rather than looking towards that next addition to your system as being the magic pill that will supply it to you.

Look at the virtual systems posted here, and the threads pertinent to the pieces within them. get out to dealers and audition some things. Attend live shows. Pay attention to properly matchintg components, with regard to one another.

you'll be fine i'm sure... mostly though... enjoy listening to the music.
You guys have given such great information and recommendation. Thanks for all the input. I think, since I'm just starting to get into everything, I'm going to start off with something cheaper and then upgrade as I am able to. I'm only 24 and with a medium-range income, so it's a work in progress. But thanks again for all the input, you'll probably be hearing from me again :)
Welcome Smwatson! All I can suggest is do your research and you wont be dissapointed. One of the most invaluable sources of information available is Robert Harley's complete guide to hi-end audio. Good luck!
What about Supra Cables?? I have no experience with them but the price certainly seems right!