Entry Level Cables

Hello!

I'm currently in the process of upgrading my system a little bit at a time. Right now I'm using a Onkyo SR606 with some basic terrible speakers. I added the Onkyo for xmas and now I'm ready to upgrade my mains. I don't have much of a budget, so right now I've been looking at Paradigm's Titans or possibly a good deal on Paradigm's Reference Studio 20. Assuming I purchase the 20, what would be a good, entry level cable to run?

I've heard that I can't go wrong with Kimber's 8TCs, but they are just a bit beyond my currently target range of $100-$200 total to wire both speakers. Since I'm new, I most certainly don't want to make any terrible mistakes and skimp on the cabling and make my speakers essentially worthless. On the other hand, $400-$500 for cables is just too much for me right now.

Thanks for the input!
smwatson

You might take a look at the Kubala Sosna entry level cables. The nice thing is you can upgrade down the road and they will give you about 90% of the purchase price. Check for a dealer near you.
sounds really is a kubala dealer but once again fails to disclose a financial relationship with his recommendation.
Audiofeil

It should be clear to everyone that Sounds_Real_Audio is a dealer. Is there anyone on this thread that doesn't know that?
Muncybob -

Supra is definitely good stuff. I cabled my HT with the 3.4Ply. I like that the copper is tinned which means no maintenance going forward. I did implement the shield system which seems to work - the background is inky black. I used the Audioquest bananas - gold over copper - and for a cost effective system I am very pleased. Warm, nice detail.

I also built a pair of power cables for my Flying Mole 100 amps which run the rears. I used the 2.5 - its a very well made, super flexible cable. I paired it with the Furu F-11 Cus, and covered it in techflex. Couldn't be happier. It handles well and sounds good.

Before I jumped I did as much research as I could - these products while unknown in the US are in fact highly regarded in the EU.

Lars, their US rep is very helpful - nice folks to do business with.

And I appreciate the fact that this is an honest to god manufacturing company that makes what they sell in their own factories and has a point of view about what works.

Visit the Supra home site: http://www.jenving.se/

Interesting stuff
It should not be clear to everybody soundsreally. You can't assume anything in these threads.

If that were the case some might think you actually have a clue.

Anytime there is a financial interest in a recommendation, it must be disclosed.

To not do it, is unethical and unprofessional.