Let's hear about Elrods new Silver or Gold cables

Let's hear from the people who auditioned or bought Elrods new Silver or Gold cables and tell us what you think.I bought 7 Gold power cords and was totally blown away,anybody else?
strapper211
Thank you Jim, info much appreciated. I do not own the device, but am asking on behalf of a friend who has just acquired a unit. Guido
I know nothing about these power cords other than what I've read here. However, based upon my DIY experience building power cords. It would not surprise me if this series of cords has substantial shielding and dampening of the conductors. That would explain to me why some perceive an extraordinarily black background. In my own system, I have found very little use for shielded power cords. The only component that I found benefits from a shielded cord is my tube pre-amp. I'm only one individual, so take my comments with a gain of salt.
"...what the elrod gold power cable does or does not do, per the sound of a stereo system"

Hello,

This is always a problem for me to use words to describe specific aural experience, If we are talking about low to mid fi then words like "richer", "more slam" "soundstage became wider and deeper" can be used and its could be all true observations but really its NOT what - at least me - wish to experience. Yes, I will hear bass becaming richer or whatever but by itself I don;t care - its not what I am "afer"

On the level of highest fidelity to acoustic music - I like to "measure" component by its gestalt effect. Very few components like Gold level cables of David Elrod "grab" me and do not let me stop listening. I start next morning with the one thouht - in a few hours I will be do done with all these boring stuff I can go back to my addiction... and life will start again.
If addiction is a proper word to describe my hobby then what I mean is the potency of this drug.
I am not sure if I was clear but it is not the HEARING bass depth but FEELING something magical and feeling it for hours, days, weeks and even months. Then, of course it saturated and I need another drug... In this specific example, with cables we have a number of compenents in our system and each needs and power cord and interconnects or speaker cables - so I can add and add.

Every time I add David cable am afraid that it will have "diminished effect" or compilation of so many cables will create some very specific sonic signature (nice or ugly - it does not matter - both are colorations) but so far I was spared and on the contrary...I live again.

Thank you
Simon
hi simon:

could you elaborate on what you believe is the affect of the elrod gold power upon the sound of your stereo system.
Hi Mr.Tennis,It is tough to describe something like this without you haveing heard it but I will try.The gold statement power cords are so coherent and balanced it is incredible,the top end is open and 3d like and the midrange vocals are fleshed out perfectly like a real voice and the instrument timbre is right on,also it has amazing impact in the midrange.As you travel down to the bass it is very defined and seems like it adds another octave to your speaker.The soundstage is spread out and the instuments are surrounded by air and blackness and seem to just hand there with amazing detail and transparency.Thats the best I can do,you really have to put it in your system and experience it,I could talk all day but get one put it in and listen.I was sold I bought 7 of them.
Robert