Aether Audio Black Box or Nuforce Magic Cube ???

Has anyone tried these black boxes that you hook-up at the end of your speaker cables yet? A lot of raves on the forums.
hifisoundguy
Vuckovic,
Because of your last posting I decided to give the SCSS Filters another go.
With those filters in place I can hear that there is a better center image for the vocals that is quite nice. But, the treble and the bass is still not as defined and deep.
In fact, I pulled the Nuforce unit out of the system and played my stereo without it. Without the Nuforce units there is a muscular sound that the Nuforce units robbed from the music.
Best I can describe it is, the Nuforce unit makes the music too polite (with or without the filters).

Again, originally I used the Nuforce unit with used Morrow Speaker cables that I had just purchased. My reference Cables (Synergistic Apex) along with the active shielding were disconnected for over a week.
Once I started using the Synergistic cables the defects in the Nuforce unit started to appear.

I am trying to get the dealer to send the other filters to try before I make a final judgement.
Hi Ozzy,
You are doing right thing. It seems that SCSS filter is not for your system - otherwise you should hear very easy a big sonic difference right away. I think that right filter choice depends on amp-speaker interaction. I have electrostatic speakers with transformer based crossover so maybe that is the reason for different sonic results I got comparing with your results. I would like to ask you a question: How would you compare your Morrow speaker cables + Magic cubes vs Apex alone please?
Thanks
Vuckovic , I hope my dealer will send the other filters to try before the Nuforce trial period ends.

The Morrow cables and the Synergistic are very different cables.
In a way, its unfair for the Morrows because ALL of my other cabling is the top of the line Synergistic.
In addition, changing out the Synergistic cables is difficult and with the Active shielding it takes a few days for them to settle back in.

At this point, I want to concentrate on the Synergistic cables with the Nuforce unit.
But, I will say that the Nuforce unit had much more affect with the Morrow than with the Synergistic.
Ozzy, Synergistic Research is coming out with the Galileo cell boxes to catapult there Apex speaker cables to sound 75% closer to their $400,000 Galileo cables they showed at CES. I would wait and get the new Galileo cells that are coming out any day now. Call Ted and he will explain them to you. There are two different Galileo cells boxes one for speaker cables and one for interconnects and they are compatible with any speaker cables and interconnects from other brands as well.