NOS Western Electric wire used for power cables??

I see that some people are starting to use this wire for speaker cables and ac power cables. Is anyone here using this wire? How does it compare to the cables on the market today? THANK YOU
hifisoundguy

Fuzzbutt17

You give either hit and run or avoidance answers to specific questions.

I don't care to waste time answering questions which have absolutely nothing to do with what's being discussed.

My guess is that I'm not the only person on this thread that would like to know the name of your company and have the address of your company's website.

What are you hiding from?

Not hiding from anything.

As I told you, if you'd like to know the name of my company and the website, just EMail me. However I haven't received any such EMail from you or anyone else for that matter so it would seem you're not so interested after all.

As for listing all the forums you've been a part of for so many years, all that means is you've had access to a computer for that many years and have potentially been criticizing some and misleading others for that long.

I never intended it to have any particular meaning or relevance with respect to anything I've said. You're the one who demanded the "resume." I humored you. Now you don't like some of the answers. Well boo hoo. They were completely irrelevant to begin with.

What I say either has merit or it doesn't and has absolutely nothing to do with who I am or what I've done.

Instead of sticking to addressing what I've said, you've routinely attempted to obfuscate and try and make it a "personal" issue.

FYI, I don't go on forums to promote my company. As a matter of fact I RARELY go on forums at all.

On this thread people gave my company's name, my eBay listing, and my website address and made accusations about my power cords bursting into flames.

And you had every right to respond to what had been said.

But you weren't content to stick to that. Instead you took advantage of the situation and used it to launch into a marketing campaign in an attempt to try and sell your products here.

From your first post in this thread:

I have DOZENS of customers that replaced their "whose who" Stereophile class A rated $2K+ power cords with mine. The same is true of my interconnects and digital cables.

Don't take my word for it. Don't take their word for it. I suggest you try my (or any other companies) products first hand, for yourself, in your system.

Everything I sell comes with a 30-day unconditional money back guaranty. All you risk is the cost of shipping. There is not even a re-stocking fee.

BTW, I am also "Fuzzbutt17" on eBay if you want to see HUNDREDS of positive feedbacks.

That's not addressing anyone's concerns about safety. That's just shameless, bald-faced MARKETING.

If you want to sell your products, that's what the classifieds and advertisements here are for. Not the forums.

I wouldn't even have noticed it if it wasn't for SEVERAL of my loyal customers sending me e-mails with a link to this thread.

And even now you never miss any opportunity to continue your marketing campaign.

What the hell has "SEVERAL of my loyal customers" have to do with anything relevant to this discussion?

Nothing.

Then you attacked me over several things that I wrote and we were off and running.

Ah, yes. The favorite obfuscation of the quack, the charlatan, the cult leader and the politician. Frame any sort of disagreement by others as an "attack."

BTW, Mitzar was referring to a specification from the website of Topaz where THEY state a -136db noise reduction.

Where is this Topaz website? Wasn't able to find it.

I don't know exactly what this means but any REASONABLE person would assume that it OVERLAPS not ADDS TO the noise of the system which makes it totally valid.

I'm simply going by what Mintzar said, which was "Two of which lower the noise floor by 136dB and the third by 146dB."

I took him to mean the noise floor of the audio system as ultimately that's the only noise floor that counts at the end of the day.
My eyes are tired after reading this.

Where's Sean and maybe Herman at a time like this ?

Clio09

Ayre is one company that double insulates its equipment chassis. Charles Hansen has posted numerous times on Audio Asylum his views on ground noise.

Yup. Sadly, the Ayres are rather far and few between.

I also have lifted the grounds off the three prong cords by disconnecting the ground wire altogether, except the one for my power amp.

Not a good idea from a safety point of view.

First it assumes that the interconnected chassis have their signal reference grounds tied to the chassis through a low impedance path. Second, it assumes that the interconnects and circuit board traces are all sufficient to carry the fault current in the event of one of the chassis going hot.
I posted a ways back that this was entertaining and damn it, I cannot stop following it!

I have trouble with some of these attacks on Simply_q and have to chime in here. I have tremendous respect for someone who is able to stay on task in a "debate" such as this one and what I see is a guy who has done so. Near every comment has been pretty damn relevant and to my brain, made much more sense then most of the posters. I do not agree with all his views however I do think they have been relevant and objective. I also have to agree that Ben's posts have begun to sound like a marketing campaign and to be quite frank, not a good one. I have gone from certainly curious about the product to having no interest what so ever.
jrn

Simply q , "works" means it musically sounds better or more pleasing in your system. You have to have that defined,...really? When it does not work it simply means whatever you changed makes it sound not as musically pleasing.

Yes, but there can be two reasons for that. One is that it sounded better/different/worse because of an actual audible difference brought about by the item in question, and the other is that there was no actual audible difference and it sounded better/different/worse for purely psychological reasons, i.e. what some would generally refer to as the placebo effect.

So, when a company claims their product "works," which of those two possibilities do they have in mind?

Judging by much of the marketing, there seems to be a rather heavy implication of the former.