NOS Western Electric wire used for power cables??

I see that some people are starting to use this wire for speaker cables and ac power cables. Is anyone here using this wire? How does it compare to the cables on the market today? THANK YOU
hifisoundguy

Clio09

Ayre is one company that double insulates its equipment chassis. Charles Hansen has posted numerous times on Audio Asylum his views on ground noise.

Yup. Sadly, the Ayres are rather far and few between.

I also have lifted the grounds off the three prong cords by disconnecting the ground wire altogether, except the one for my power amp.

Not a good idea from a safety point of view.

First it assumes that the interconnected chassis have their signal reference grounds tied to the chassis through a low impedance path. Second, it assumes that the interconnects and circuit board traces are all sufficient to carry the fault current in the event of one of the chassis going hot.
I posted a ways back that this was entertaining and damn it, I cannot stop following it!

I have trouble with some of these attacks on Simply_q and have to chime in here. I have tremendous respect for someone who is able to stay on task in a "debate" such as this one and what I see is a guy who has done so. Near every comment has been pretty damn relevant and to my brain, made much more sense then most of the posters. I do not agree with all his views however I do think they have been relevant and objective. I also have to agree that Ben's posts have begun to sound like a marketing campaign and to be quite frank, not a good one. I have gone from certainly curious about the product to having no interest what so ever.
jrn

Simply q , "works" means it musically sounds better or more pleasing in your system. You have to have that defined,...really? When it does not work it simply means whatever you changed makes it sound not as musically pleasing.

Yes, but there can be two reasons for that. One is that it sounded better/different/worse because of an actual audible difference brought about by the item in question, and the other is that there was no actual audible difference and it sounded better/different/worse for purely psychological reasons, i.e. what some would generally refer to as the placebo effect.

So, when a company claims their product "works," which of those two possibilities do they have in mind?

Judging by much of the marketing, there seems to be a rather heavy implication of the former.
Who needs Herman and Sean when we have Richard_stacy who hits the nail right on the head.

Ben mentioned he was advised not to participate in forums. He should have taken that advice.

Simply_q, yes I know about the hazards, not sure if it applies in my situation, probably does, guess I'll just take the chance.

Richard_stacy, thank you for the kind words.

Er, except for the part where you said you didn't agree with all my views. ;)