NOS Western Electric wire used for power cables??

I see that some people are starting to use this wire for speaker cables and ac power cables. Is anyone here using this wire? How does it compare to the cables on the market today? THANK YOU
hifisoundguy
jrn

Simply q , "works" means it musically sounds better or more pleasing in your system. You have to have that defined,...really? When it does not work it simply means whatever you changed makes it sound not as musically pleasing.

Yes, but there can be two reasons for that. One is that it sounded better/different/worse because of an actual audible difference brought about by the item in question, and the other is that there was no actual audible difference and it sounded better/different/worse for purely psychological reasons, i.e. what some would generally refer to as the placebo effect.

So, when a company claims their product "works," which of those two possibilities do they have in mind?

Judging by much of the marketing, there seems to be a rather heavy implication of the former.
Who needs Herman and Sean when we have Richard_stacy who hits the nail right on the head.

Ben mentioned he was advised not to participate in forums. He should have taken that advice.

Simply_q, yes I know about the hazards, not sure if it applies in my situation, probably does, guess I'll just take the chance.

Richard_stacy, thank you for the kind words.

Er, except for the part where you said you didn't agree with all my views. ;)

Clio09

Simply_q, yes I know about the hazards, not sure if it applies in my situation, probably does, guess I'll just take the chance.

Fair 'nuff.

Just that I often see this scheme recommended by those who make the assumptions I mentioned. As long as you know they're not safe assumptions that's cool. However not everyone does so it was at least worth mentioning.
Simply Q: still avoiding me and my RELEVANT questions.

To start with, you have ALL my contact information. If you wanted to send me information about your company in private you had every opportunity.

Should I send you an ENGRAVED INVITATION?

As for what products you have PERSONALLY listened to, that is RELEVANT because it confirms that you are commenting on products and theories (like magnets) that you have experience with or that you are a know-it-all and are talking out your @#$.

Have I been marketing OR offering 3rd party independent confirmation to refute unsubstantiated accusations?

It was stated that NOS wire is a fire hazard.

Then YOU accused me of profiteering by frequently upgrading my product over short periods of time.

Then YOU accused me of not clearly stating my return or upgrade policies.

Funny how MOST of the so called "advertising" I did was in response to YOUR accusations.

Funny how MOST people I know like to get 3rd party independent confirmation on a company's products but YOU consider this to be UNIMPORTANT.

I have a THEORY...

You resent other businesspersons success because you believe with all of your experience and with the amazing values in audiophile products you produce you should be getting "a larger piece of the pie."

Also...

You REFUSE to tell the people on this thread who you are and what your company is for fear that it would give them ammunition to accuse you of things much as you have been doing to other RESPECTED companies and businesspersons.

You may consider that the issue with your resentments toward successful companies stems from the fact that your attitude may be chasing customers away.

Seriously.