AudioQuest DBS Field

Does anyone who have cable audioquest whit a dbs field battery pack can tell me what it can improve. I read about it on the official site but i would like to have a consumer impression.
128x128thenis
been thinking about this and dug up some reference materials. I am thinking that Simply_q is kind of correct in that the physical changes to the dielectric, while they are real effects, I think even in plastics, are not likely to occur in the regime we use. Maybe with a few hundred kHz and more watts but unless I am completely misunderstanding the equations (always possible!) this sort of thing should not be happening on a speaker cable. Mind I'm not commenting on the product in question, just the "why it works" end of things. I'm not sure. Much of the discussion that I've seen is utilizing the equations for relaxation on systems subject to external E&M fields. Seems like a misuse of concept but.....
btw, Simply Q---would you care to disclose why you only respond to cable oriented threads on Audiogon?

Paulsax

Much of the discussion that I've seen is utilizing the equations for relaxation on systems subject to external E&M fields. Seems like a misuse of concept but.....

That's pretty common. Taking a grain of truth and extrapolating it beyond all reason.

Makes for great ad copy though. :)

Keithr

btw, Simply Q---would you care to disclose why you only respond to cable oriented threads on Audiogon?

I don't. I've also responded to threads having nothing to do with cables.

It is true however that most of my responses have been to cable threads, but that's simply because there tend to be far more dubious claims made with regard to cables.
Paulsax - Maybe not physical changes in dielectric but forming and orienting dipoles in presence of electric field.