AudioQuest DBS Field

Does anyone who have cable audioquest whit a dbs field battery pack can tell me what it can improve. I read about it on the official site but i would like to have a consumer impression.
128x128thenis

Paulsax

Much of the discussion that I've seen is utilizing the equations for relaxation on systems subject to external E&M fields. Seems like a misuse of concept but.....

That's pretty common. Taking a grain of truth and extrapolating it beyond all reason.

Makes for great ad copy though. :)

Keithr

btw, Simply Q---would you care to disclose why you only respond to cable oriented threads on Audiogon?

I don't. I've also responded to threads having nothing to do with cables.

It is true however that most of my responses have been to cable threads, but that's simply because there tend to be far more dubious claims made with regard to cables.
Paulsax - Maybe not physical changes in dielectric but forming and orienting dipoles in presence of electric field.

Kijanki

Paulsax - Maybe not physical changes in dielectric but forming and orienting dipoles in presence of electric field.

The dipoles would already be present. The electric field doesn't create them, it simply polarizes them.

And why would you want to polarize them? What exactly is the "problem" that their not being polarized brings about? Why would you want to turn a cable into the equivalent of a condenser microphone?
so in this case the right question (or maybe next question) to ask is what is the dipole creation and dissolution time in this sort of material and how does that compare to speaker signal timings? I suspect that we are talking 10-12 ish seconds or something silly fast like that but I've no idea.

I suspect that none of us are willing to spend too much more time on this anyway. I'm still curious but gotta make the donuts eh?