Most Beneficial Cable Upgrade

All things being equal, which cable upgrade would have the greatest sonic impact/improvement on a high end audio (stereo) system?
1)Power cables
2)Speaker cables
3)Interconnects
I have heard that power cables have the greatest benefit due to their ability to reduce RFI (radio frequency interference).
Does anyone know the answer to this question?
matjet
Bruce,
I agree about the noise problem in electrical line. This is one advantage of dedicated lines for power amps. It eliminates noise and draw from household electronic appliances. It provides cleaner power and more stable power.
Need to carry that thought a little further. A dedicated line doesn't provide that much additional isolation if on the same phase circuit as all other circuits in the house... all of those circuits are connected in parallel at the breaker junction. To get better physical isolation your dedicated circuit needs to be on the phase connection with least amount of other disruptive devices. Most houses are at least 2 phase (220 volts) and if you have a monster power need you might be 3 phase. Most junction boxes take the easy approach of loading up all their single phase circuits on 1 phase tap. Can't say that i've played with this but you can likely run from the second phase tap for a single phase circuit
GSSELF
Power cable audition update:
My dealer delivered only one of two amps ordered, one is still on back order. He did not bring power cables, he said next time he will bring some.
He feels better power cables have more of an effect on sound than interconnects and speaker cable. He said the better power cables have improved inductance is more efficient in delivery of elctricity (current?) to the amps. I have known him for many years. He has always been extremely honest, never steered me wrong.
It may be a few weeks before I am able to audition the cables.
Matjet,

Probably for the best. You will have some time to acclimate to your new amps. When it comes to cables, watch your wallet and trust your ears.

Greg
Great thread. I myself had been somewhat of a power cable skeptic until recently. I had bought a Pangea AC-9 after hearing that it may smooth out harshness in some amps. It did that to a small degree in my proceed AMP 3. When I finally got my hands on a used Rowland Model 1 I transferred the AC-9 to that amplifier. As time passed I kept thinking that the Rowland sounded dark and sluggish. So I decided to try an experiment. I had some old (25 years) Carol THHN 10awg cable in my basement. Not OCC pure. I cut it into four 10 foot lengths and used a drill to spin it into a starquad configuration. I wrapped it tightly with PVC tape and put a cheap Lowes 10AWG ground wire (counter wound) around the outside. Terminated with cheap Pass & Seymore plug and Marinco IEC. The though was that I would hear something (probably for the worse).

So I plugged in the DIY PC and fired up the Rowland. I sat there stunned as the whole sound stage opened up and became much more clear and detailed. Two nights later my Wife (who only tolerates my audio addiction) said "how does the new PC sound". I instead, asked her what she thought. W/O hesitation she said it was much clearer. You have to relalize that she never comments on this stuff. It has now been a week, and I am not going back to the Pangea. In this case my DIY cord is better (much better).

Just thought I would share my personal experience on PCs.

Regards,

Craig