Who R U?

A while back Garfish mentioned he lked the idea of getting to know some of us better.As no one has started a thread like this before I will take the plunge.I have been involved in and read many heated exchanges here in AudioGon.I hope no one attacks me for this thread saying "who cares about you,this is audio" Anyway,Im 45 and live in W.N.Y.I have never been married but have a music loving 11 year old daughter who lives with me.I have been a nurse for 20 years.Before that I was a Navy Corpsman for several years.I recently became engaged (first time) to a beautiful 30 year old music loving woman.At my age a 30 year old is a keeper and I have never been happier!! My other interests??Im into vinyl,who has time for anything else??
david99
Grandpad, the thread you suggest, in fact exists. I myself live overseas, by the beautiful lake of Zurich, in Switzerland, in the heart of Europe. Regards, Detlof
hi detlof,

the hotrodded lawnmower sits in the garage awaiting spring, & greener pastures... ;~)

but, the 24f tempurature didn't stop me from taking the relatively stock pantera to work this a.m.! :>) the msd electronic ignition santa brought it for x-mas means it starts up almost before ya touch the key, even when cold. ah yes, another kind of sweet music, inches away from the back of my head! i don't even know how to turn on the stereo or 6-disc cd-changer it came with, & i've had the car 3 years, now... ;~) mebbe next year, it, too, will be hotrodded, as i have almost all the parts needed for my 475hp motor. it will cost less than a tune-up on those *other* mid-engined italian beasts, too!

regards, doug s., ever the cheapskate...

Beato tu, as they say in Italy, Doug, which can mean sort of lucky, happy, blessed you! Cheers, Detlof
Hi, My name is Sandra. I'm 53 years old, never been married (came close a few times), no kids (but I make a great aunt) and I love music of all kinds. I got interested in hi fi equipment about 8-9 years ago and never looked back. I love reading all the stereo magazines and the stereo sites and this is one of my favorites. I have learned quite a bit by reading the banter here and hope to learn a lot more. I just wonder why more females don't get into this hobby. I don't have all of my stereo put together yet, but am working on it. Hope all of you have a great day.