Anyone heard the KR Enterprise Antares????

I was wondering if anyone had a chance to listen to the KR Enterprise Antares amp? Can this amp run low impedence speakers? How does it sound? How come there isnt much info about this amp on the web? Do you know where I can find more info about the amp? Thanks
souljasmooth
Kind of an old thread, but for the record, I just bought an Antares. It is a 30 watt SET using the KR300BLX tube. I bought this amp because I am intrigued by the potential of an amplifier designed by the same maker and designer of the tube it uses.....in essence, an amp designed for the tube. I didn't need an amp. Have a couple of very good ones worth much more money. And I had some reservations about buying a KR product, as KR has had reliability problems with some of their stuff in the past. I got sucked into buying some VT6000 monos a couple of years ago, and ended up paying $1000. to ship one of them to Prague to get it fixed. Bummer! KR has also had problems keeping dealers and distibutors in the States. I've heard several reasons for this, but what ever they may be doesn't matter anymore. The bad experience I had with the VT6000 doesn't matter anymore. Why? Because the Antares is one of the best amps I have ever heard, BAR NONE!

I replaced a highly modified $8000. tube amp with it, and was blown away. Detail, attack, decay, natural tonality, breathtaking soundstage, iron-fisted bass, and all the reviewer cliche's apply to this amp. It is stunning. You would never guess it was 30 watts. It functions flawlessly. It is dead quiet. It looks cool. Very good build quality. It comes in a wooden crate that makes a nice dog house for your chihuahua. And, if you can find one, you can pick up an Antares highly discounted from their $4000. retail price. This has got to be the best bargain in high-end audio. Even at $4000., it's a steal. And probably the best kept secret in high-end audio, too. Wanna read a reviewer's opinion? www.enjoythemusic.com. A very accurate review from what I'm hearing. If you can find one of these, BUY IT!! It is an absolute steal, and embarrases anything I've heard under $10,000. I don't know what you would buy that would be better....Tenor perhaps? Halcro? That's the league it's in. I'm not kidding. But don't go crazy with the speakers. Mine are 89db, 7 ohms nominal. I would recommend that you treat it like a 30 watter to get the best from it, even if it does sound like more.
I just received mine!!! So far is burning-in. On my SF Guarneri - the best I have had in years !!!More later...
Prcinka, interested to read more about Antares+Guarneri. BTW, what cables R U using to hook the two?
Cheers
Wow!So far I have tried some Yamamura's( I have them around so it was easy)The super expensive Quantum Series is good, but I was able to get very close with the lower M-5000...I have tried some home-brew silver...maybe more investigation needed.
I remember excellent results with Valhalla / spm (IC/speaker) and also with bearlabs (IC&speaker). I state this as an indication of sonic characteristics that I liked (I listen to classical) -- not to say that you MUST invest in giga$ wires of the Nordost Valhalla persuasion...;). Cheers