Martin Logan Aeon Good for HomeTheater?

Hi -- Just found this site and am really excited:-)

I am completing my HT in my basement within the next couple of weeks and will be pulling the trigger on a few components -- my main concern is speakers and cables right now.

I have been looking at the Martin Logan Aeon line for L/R, Martin Logan Cinema Center Channel. My Surrounds though, due to not wanting too many speakers around for my 8 month year old daughter to knock down, will unfortunately be in-walls (Speakercraft or Niles most likely).

Any comments on electorstatics in general -- especially in the area of a home theater use would be greatly appreciated.

Also I am looking for the best set of speaker cables I can get without taking out a second mortgage:-) Staying under say $600 for the three Martin Logans -- Is this possible?

Thanks for the input!
jplenhart
Martin Logans are GREAT speakers for a home theater. I have the Odessey's for my left and right mains, the Theater for my center channel, Aeon's for surrounds, and two Velodyne HGS 15 subs. I use Krell amps and a Krell processor. My speaker cables are Audioquest Volcano Biwire. (A great cable but a little expensive). I would Highly recommend audioquest Caldera's for your speaker cables. You should be able to them up as demo's or slightly used on audiogon in your price range. I think your proposed setup will be very nice. However, I would highly recommend that you consider using the Martin Logan Theater for you center channel instead of the cinema. I does cost more, but it's worth every penny. The center channel is so very important in a theater.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Good luck.

Craig
WOW! Thanks Craig -- I will definitely look into Audioquest here in audiogon. Out of curiosity do you think I could pick up a Martin Logan Theater here in audiogon or are they pretty much a rare sight?

Thanks again
Jason
You never know what shows up on audiogon, but I haven't seen to many. However, the Caldera cables you can most certainly find here.

Craig