Have Rogue Monoblocks, now what?

After hearing some Rogue equipment (and reading all the comments on Audiogon) I was able to get a pair of the monoblocks for a great price on Ebay. Now I need to figure out the next upgrade step. I have a Conrad Johnson PV5, and wonder what might match the Rogue well (besides, of course the Rogue preamps.) Or would I do better to get some NOS tubes for the CJ? I'd like to keep the preamp upgrade under $2000. I'm using Proac Tablettes now, but they'll get upgraded eventually as well. I listen to all kinds of music. Thanks.
sgreenberg
I used to have a CJ5, it's a great sounding pre, but it's dated.A good tube for it is the Siemans. They will help it sound more transparent, and dynamic. The reason I went to something else, was the detail, dynamics and transparency, it was lacking. I still miss the way it made horns sound.If you don't listen to LPs, then a simple tube linestage, ie; Sonics Frontiers,Rougue Audible Illusions, will blow it away, in terms of dynamics, transparency, and detail. If you listen to LPs, and you like the sound, then it's going to be hard to replace. It has a world class phonostage.
The rogue 99 really is incredible and as a match for the monoblocks they're unbeatable. There was just a great review of the 99/120's setup in the british hifi+ magazine that I thought was very well done and mentioned the synergy betwen the pre and power. I'd give Mark O'Brian at Rogue a call he is vcery knowledgable and helpful. I would also look into the Magnum upgrades that Rogue is now offering.
i tried a magnum rogue 99 preamp, & it was bettered a little by the cary slp-98, but the melos music-director was truly in another league altogether. i don't tink the rogue liked the 5.5m long i/c's - it yust exacerbated impedance problems into my 25k-ohm input-impedance active x-over. ewe can get the melos ma-333r/music director for <$2k, & i honestly believe it will acquit itself well against any preamp awailable, at any price. there's nothing comparable near its price. yust my opinion, of course... ;~)

good luck, doug

ps - i dint like the fact that the rogue has no balance control or tape monitor function, either...

Sedond I am sick and tired of this shit as post.Have you saved it and insert it anytime someone mentions Rogue.
Your opinions on Rogue gear have no merit.
Like I said.You got the Pre 5 minutes later you where crying about it.
Both the Cary And Melos are junk in comparison.
leafs, i spoke w/3 different dealers who used to carry melos when they were in biz - two carried rogue, all three carried cary. all three recommended the melos, even tho they couldn't sell me a gnu preamp, which they' have been delighted to do.

sorry, that as a rogue-owner, yure so offended by the thought that other comparably-priced equipment may sound better. have ewe ever listened to the cary slp-98 or the melos music-director or melos sha-gold? i had the cary & the rogue in my house at the same time - the cary was much less coloured, had better frequency extension, while still equalling the delightful bloom of the rogue. it also had balance controls & a tape-monitor loop, which i like. so, the rogue went away. then i happened upon a good deal on a melos music director, so i figured i'd a-b it w/my cary & sell whichever one dint cut it. well, the cary, nice as it was, was almost mid-fi in comparison to the melos. that's what i heard, that's where i committed my funds. the statement that the cary & the melos are junk in comparison to the rogue, is obviously made by someone who has never heard either, and has an unnatural need to measure their self-esteem thru their equipment. i have a good off-forum relationship w/david99 - a rogue-owner who's so happy w/his pre, he put it into his name! we have cordial discussions about equipment, including rogue, cary, melos, & also about other tings. what's *your* problem?

sure, i comment about my experiences w/rogue, when the thread comes up - i thought that's what the forum was about. jeez, i prolly do it almost as much as *ewe* do, w/yer constant raving about it, whenever ya get a chance! ;~) hey, i got no problem w/that - i rave about what *i* like, too. but, i don't trash other folks, or their equipment yust cuz they don't agree w/me - especially if i've never even *heard* their equipment.

grow up, doug s.