Looking to get TT

I seeking getting into a first TT and would like help!
My current system is Classe 25 amp, Classe CP-60 pre, Sonic Frontiers SFD-2 D/A, Sonic Fontiers SFT-1 Transprt
and Martin Logan Ascent. My preamp doesn't have phono so I would need phono preamp to hook into my CP-60 so having explained my set and only wanting to spend no mor than $1000 on TT and phono pre can it be done?
Was thinkng going with music hall MMF-5 andCreek OBH-8 as this would be my first TT set up and total cost would be around $700. Is this going to give me many years of good sound? in the future I can go with phono card for my preamp.
jsawhitlock
No shoot-out- unless it's between you and them dang blame revenoors, huh, Twl! :-)
I lived in a log cabin--no electricity and w/ an outhouse next to the creek! Amenities? A Teres based audio system is spartan? Yeah--right.

Too bad Tom, I found out yesterday my client will not be up and running until Thanksgiving, give or take a few weeks. I only work about 12 hrs a week average nowadays. This week I'll work 50-60, but that's doing some unexpected repair work in my system. I had heard you were kind of a hermit. I understand, my high school was a Benedictian monastery!

I'm setting up a $6-7K system that will rival $25-30K ones* and that my creature on steroids fits in perfectly. Going into a multithousand dollar deck is out of the question and not worth it (because of the law of diminishing returns). I haven't "lived" with one, but I have been *with* them long enough--just like with women!

About the music: contrary to popular belief, most of my collection is not Latin (I am not that old). I have Jade Warrior, Bert Jansch, John Renbourn, Pentangle, Gong, Tull, Renaissance, Anthony Phillips...how about that? As for Jazz, I start with a collection of 20+ Gato Barbieri albums...

*If you don't believe me try the Channel Islands Passive pre-amp ($249). I just got one last weekend. Will give $3-4K preamps a serious challenge. Dusty's goal is to have a $6K setup rival a $30K one--for real.
I'm just scratching my little head trying to figure out how one can have a total of $6000(retail)in a system when just the "noise control" portion is already at $8000 (retail)!! Must be a dang blame guvment program...
You need to read again..."I'm setting up a $6-7K system that will rival $25-30K ones".

Ah, now I understand why most people don't do well on the ASVAB...
Ron: You would be correct in deducing that I don't prefer the type of 'progressive' rock featured on those releases...I'm sure our tastes must have some overlap (rock is my main music), but one thing I must agree with you on the need to weed out the stuff in the collection that doesn't personally appeal, something I'm perpetually overdue for myself! ;^)