Crown Jewel, whats it like?

I have a opputunity to buy a Ex demo a a very good price, its the original not the updated one, I have read Micheal Fremer's report, which he states Its not to good on rock, I listen to all sorts of music, rock, regae, jazz, blues etc. Any input appreaicated.
davey8b27
Davey, what price do you have on the Crown Jewel and how any hours does it have on it? The Shelter costs $650 and is the exact same cartridge as the Crown Jewel with a different outer shell. The Shelter can be bought new, direct from a distributor in Japan. However, the Crown Jewel is to be recommended at a large discount. Compared to the Trans. Temper Supreme, it is slightly warmer, and possesses more mid range coloration.
i have a crown jewel SE.. at first i didnt like it so much,but then i changed to a medium mass arm tube .the sound got a lot better.i listen to rock & reggae& classical.
the sound is a "warm" sound...not as punchy as i would like,but i think it has to do with the output (& gain).
My old cartridge is a koestu black ,I found the bass to be forceful, buthighs a bit bright,I can buy a crown jewel for $500 america dollars,with 50 hours on it though a dealer. Any thoughts ?. My source is a Well Tempered Classic, New Zealand sourced base which is better in the bass. HELP.