What ever happened to Direct-to-Discs?

Having recently purchased a new amplifier, I was auditioning it with a variety of vinyl, cd's and tape (yeah, a few of us still have reel-to-reels). While I was playing some Crystal Clear Records and Sheffield Labs direct-to-discs, I started thinking; is there anyone out there still making these things? Any information or leads would be greatly appreciated.
tciborow
Analog productions were scheduled to make 4 D2Ds, but it turns out they only made 2. It's very difficult--if anything in the process goes wrong--well your done for. The two that did not make it to D2D are supposed to be released as 45RPMs. On that note if you are looking for top quality vinyl the Classic Records 45RPMs and Analog Productions are some of the best out there.
there have also been a few direct to cd recordings done, the best i've heard being "dick hyman plays fats waller" on rr. BTW, there are a number of sheffield reissues of dtd lp's; don't be fooled, these do not stand up to the original pressings. -kelly
Audiophiles began buying CDs, despite Doug Sax's "Stop Digital Madness" campaign.
Anyone who is really really serious and really really know about the audio hobby will eventually go back to LPs.