What ever happened to Direct-to-Discs?

Having recently purchased a new amplifier, I was auditioning it with a variety of vinyl, cd's and tape (yeah, a few of us still have reel-to-reels). While I was playing some Crystal Clear Records and Sheffield Labs direct-to-discs, I started thinking; is there anyone out there still making these things? Any information or leads would be greatly appreciated.
tciborow
there have also been a few direct to cd recordings done, the best i've heard being "dick hyman plays fats waller" on rr. BTW, there are a number of sheffield reissues of dtd lp's; don't be fooled, these do not stand up to the original pressings. -kelly
Audiophiles began buying CDs, despite Doug Sax's "Stop Digital Madness" campaign.
Anyone who is really really serious and really really know about the audio hobby will eventually go back to LPs.
CD's sound fine and they're great for the wife that doesn't want to fool with a turntable. However, if you want the best, direct-to-discs are still the way to go. Just look at how many of the companies @ the CES audition their equipment with vinyl.