F I M Speaker Cables

How good are these cables more interested on the gold series Thanks
accel
Cables are good but nothing special in the sound. On the other hand you can throw away your speaker stands, these are so stiff the speakers will be suspended in mid-air. (I am not kidding, small monitors were lifted off their stands, same is true of the interconnects and power cords.)Good luck at bending these 2 x 4's. BTW the ends were put on in high school shop class last week, very POOR quality finish.
Accel- I'm living with two pair of FIM Gold speaker cables for bi-wiring. As Sdrconsultant has stated, the speaker cables are VERY stiff and could easily lift light weight components! Of course, that's why you must pre-form the cables to eliminate this from happening. As for setup, the cables do require time to relax after the initial manipulation. I can't stress this enough, the next day or two, double check the binding post connections. The posts can become loose as the tension from the cables diminish. They then take a couple of weeks to fully "burn-in". The sound, is difficult to describe. In most respects, I find it nearly revolutionary. Detail is presented in such a relaxed manner, that initial listening could lead one to believe that they are rather polite in the midrange. However, after living with them, I believe that the reduction in noise and other "artifacts" allows greater involvement and immediacy than any other cable that I've auditioned. Dynamics, both micro and macro, are world class. Timbre and harmonic structure are the best I've ever heard in my system. Needless to say, I disagree with Sdr's conclusion about the FIM Gold speaker cable. To each his own. If your system is pushing or aspires to state of the art, then I highly recommend the FIM Gold series cables. Just my .02
I have a pair of Gold series speaker cables, and have found the workmanship to be of the highest quality. In fact, some of the best termination work that I've seen. That said, I agree wholeheartedly with Jcbtubes findings. I haven't tried the speaker cables with mini-monitors yet, however I'd doubt that many who would be purchasing a pair of cables in this price range to use mini-monitors. Might be an exception or two. I like the idea that something that is good as the FIM Gold sells for so much less than the cables I'd used in the past. (It does make it harder to sell your used easily though). Just my 2 cents.
i agree wholeheartedly with jacks and jcbtubes. the fim's are world-class and the current wire of choice for avalon acoustics. (these folks can have anything they want, BTW, including the most obnoxiously-priced nbs.) me thinks sdrconsultant is a pimp for fatwyre? i hope winston never sells his wire thru those leeches.