Better adapter for portable CD players?

Hi everyone, I need a bit of help here. I just bought the 1/8" mini plug "Y" adapter from Radio Shack that goes from a portable CD player to stereo rca plugs. I would prefer to try an adapter that allows me to use my own choice of rca interconnects. Is there such a thing, and if there is , where can I get one. I need to play an occasional CD-R, and my Sony 9000ES won't cooperate.Thanks in advance. Martin
bmpnyc
dunno, but music-direct used to sell a decent mini-plug-to-rca's i/c, made by audioquest, i tink... i got one for my 1st cd player - a panasonic slp1a portable...
headroom.com sells the staightwire in lenghts of .5 and 1.0 meter mini to rca (20-25$)and are better than the radioshack stuff. They may be able to make longer lengths- give them a call.
Twisted Pair Design sells one. It is called the "Game Junkie". I use one on my portable cd player to my headroom Little and it was a signficant upgrade.
Thanks to all.I would still appreciate any other suggestions. Sedond, I tried Music-direct but could only find CD's etc., and not cables. Sm121,can you recommend a dealer who carries the Twisted Pair design? Pfront, I'l check out headroom. com later.
music-direct sells quite a bit of hardware; i'd email 'em or call 'em... perhaps some cable mfr's would also be worth contacting.

good luck, doug s.