How do you store a whole lotta LP's?

I'd like to put them in the living room next to the VPI cleaning machine and the turntable, and want it to look rather 'classy'....no milk cartons or anything like that acceptable.

Do you guys build racks, or buy them.... if so, where?

Got a few LP's now ....many more coming in the mail.
Heeeeeeeellllp. :))
jbatlanta
I designed and had built, a wall of bookshelves that run fully floor to ceiling along a section of the wall in our living room.

This will accommodate my VPI machine (on roll out shelf), along with several thousand LP's, part of my audio gear and even a few books.

Depending on the style of your decor and available space, you can choose materials for the construction of the uprights and shelves to match whatever you wish. If designed with Knape and Vogt shelf brackets, you may place shelves anywhere from the floor to the ceiling or leave out a section and insert a free standing steel stand.

I can shoot a digital image of my set up if you think it would help you visualize.
There is a gentleman in PA., that sells hard wood modular storage systems. His website is :

www.tonyswoodshop.com

I am not affiliated with him, just a satified customer.
I built shelves to hold about three thousand LPs for under $200. The only issue to worry about is the width of the shelves since LPs are much heavier than books.
If you are handy, homemade shelving is very cost effective and can be done to match any room finish.