Best CD Player, new or used between $1-2K

Hi gentlemen, I would like to know what is the best CD player new or used between 1-2k. I would love to get my hands on an Norwegian beauty like the Electrocompaniet, but they tend to be rather pricey now. Does anyone have any opinions where to get a Electrocompaniet at a good price or good recommendations? PAUL
bemopti123
The Sony XA7ES is a wonderful player. MSRP is $3,000, but if you look around you can get them new for around $1,500.
Your in a good situation....1 to 2k is a good amount..and all of the above suggestions have merit.. I would add. the Audio Research CD2, and the vastly underated Classe CDP-1...or the two seperates from Classe. Also the Bel Canto DAC-1 with a CD transport or player to drive it using the nordost Silver Shadow Coax cable is a good system..
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND TRY TO GET OR AT LEAST LISTEN IF YOU CAN TO AN USED RESOLUTION AUDIO CD-50,USED FOR AROUND $1,750 I HONESTLY TELL YOU THAT IT'S AN INCREDIBLE PLAYER,THE BEST MONEY CAN BUY FOR TRIPLE THE PRICE OR YOU CAN TRY THE RESOLUTION AUDIO NEW FOR AROUND $2,500(NEVER HEARD THIS ONE BUT I CAN ONLY IMAGINE),I'VE LISTENED TO A FEW HIGH END PLAYERS IN THE PAST AND THE RESAUDIO CD-50 HAS NO EQUAL,GOOD LUCK,REGARDS,AL