Best CD Player, new or used between $1-2K

Hi gentlemen, I would like to know what is the best CD player new or used between 1-2k. I would love to get my hands on an Norwegian beauty like the Electrocompaniet, but they tend to be rather pricey now. Does anyone have any opinions where to get a Electrocompaniet at a good price or good recommendations? PAUL
bemopti123
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND TRY TO GET OR AT LEAST LISTEN IF YOU CAN TO AN USED RESOLUTION AUDIO CD-50,USED FOR AROUND $1,750 I HONESTLY TELL YOU THAT IT'S AN INCREDIBLE PLAYER,THE BEST MONEY CAN BUY FOR TRIPLE THE PRICE OR YOU CAN TRY THE RESOLUTION AUDIO NEW FOR AROUND $2,500(NEVER HEARD THIS ONE BUT I CAN ONLY IMAGINE),I'VE LISTENED TO A FEW HIGH END PLAYERS IN THE PAST AND THE RESAUDIO CD-50 HAS NO EQUAL,GOOD LUCK,REGARDS,AL
I second the ARC CD2 recommendation. I have a CD 1 and it was a great buy and the CD 2 is even better.
Check out the Arcam Alpa 9. The new FMJ is supposed to be even better and still in your price range. I haven't compared it with any of the players already listed so I can't say it is better. Both players have received rave reviews if that means anything.