Best CD Player, new or used between $1-2K

Hi gentlemen, I would like to know what is the best CD player new or used between 1-2k. I would love to get my hands on an Norwegian beauty like the Electrocompaniet, but they tend to be rather pricey now. Does anyone have any opinions where to get a Electrocompaniet at a good price or good recommendations? PAUL
bemopti123
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND TRY TO GET OR AT LEAST LISTEN IF YOU CAN TO AN USED RESOLUTION AUDIO CD-50,USED FOR AROUND $1,750 I HONESTLY TELL YOU THAT IT'S AN INCREDIBLE PLAYER,THE BEST MONEY CAN BUY FOR TRIPLE THE PRICE OR YOU CAN TRY THE RESOLUTION AUDIO NEW FOR AROUND $2,500(NEVER HEARD THIS ONE BUT I CAN ONLY IMAGINE),I'VE LISTENED TO A FEW HIGH END PLAYERS IN THE PAST AND THE RESAUDIO CD-50 HAS NO EQUAL,GOOD LUCK,REGARDS,AL
I second the ARC CD2 recommendation. I have a CD 1 and it was a great buy and the CD 2 is even better.
Check out the Arcam Alpa 9. The new FMJ is supposed to be even better and still in your price range. I haven't compared it with any of the players already listed so I can't say it is better. Both players have received rave reviews if that means anything.
The Resolution Audio CD50 is the best anywhere near the specified price range, the CD55 is even better but is over $2000.