Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
The Offramp was not a free offer Agear, he wanted me to pay for it in full up front, which is his normal demo policy and very fair. I already have over $20k currently locked into DAC's. I don't have more $$$$ to invest in this project.

Steve was very very generous to offer me a free demo of the Final Drive and Short Block, without my asking. I don't want to ask him for any more.

Lol, ok. I thought that's what you were implying with the imprinting thing. Are you saying that "as a younger animal, I have come to recognize Guido as a parent or other object of habitual trust?" Then I guess it's accurate since our similar tastes have led me to rely on Guido's opinions sort of like habitual trust. Guido is a friend, a nice guy with a great ear (because of his visual challenges, he has developed a rather keen sense of hearing, almost supernatural as his brain actually converts some auditory stimuli into visual stimuli - as a physician it's an utterly fascinating concept. Ask him about it).

I have been as honest as I can. If I chose a DAC it will be because it's the best sounding DAC to me, in my system. I am not worried about disappointing anyone other then my desire to help and show appreciation for all of you who have participated in this thread and helped me attain the best system I can.

I started with some killer DAC's. Any of them would have been a great choice. I might just end up with the Aeris. Isn't that the fun of it? Trying them all and seeing which is best.
The PS Audio DirectStream has just been reviewed by Marja & Henk of 6Moons.

"With its great sound quality and versatile usefulness, the DirectStream DAC from PS Audio offers the best way we’ve yet encountered to convert ‘digital’ music into real music. "

At first an impressive statement. But without a full list of the previous DAC's they have reviewed, not a very useful one… They did like it quite a bit though. Everyone seams to like it very much. hummmmmm…….
It was reviewed here http://www.bitperfectsound.blogspot.ca/2014/05/directstream-i.html and compared to the Light Harmonic