The best Cdp that have volume control

Hi to all experts I have SF concerto and Bryston 4BS T. I am looking for a cd player (used) that can connect directly to my amp.What is the best CD plaver that match with my system and sound smooth. The price range from $800-$2000
neronian
i'm sorry carl, your argument yust duzzent hold water - yew wood have to try a cd player thru a quality preamp in order to determine whether or not it improves the sound - at least for *one* evening...

and, i'm not interested in winning any brownie-points here - i really am not concerned w/whether *my position* is helped here or not. this site is only to help others to decide whether or not they may want to try something in their systems to get better sound. i'm yust giving my reactions to my experiences - they are valid to me, & may or may not be helpful &/or valid to others. of course, i *do* believe that ewe could be more helpful to others by sharing how yu came to yer conclusions - ie: what preamp(s) made yer cd-player sound worse, but if yoo choose not to be helpful, so be it.

regards, doug

ps - i *do* use spell-czech, it's yust filled w/a lot of custom words... ;~)

No, you are obviously using a voice recognition device and software, since your words are all phonetically spelled. In any case, the spelling comment was directed at Subaru, not at you (I had thought that was obvious). I am plenty helpful here, doug. I will reveal which preamp I tried, if you reveal how long you personally heard this CD50 WITHOUT a linestage, and also reveal your brother in law's personal e-mail address, so that I can contact him, and verify this story. THAT WOULD BE "WERY VELPVUL" to all of us.
Hello to all experts.I would like to thank you for all the advices and Pleeeeease!!!! Please try to keep it profressional here.We are all music lovers no matter if you are an expert, an amature or a beginner. We should respect each other opinions.Do not let it get too far.All I want is some advices on the CD and please try to keep it in the topic.I would be appriceated.Again, I would like to thank you all for the advices.
I second the tube preamp theory. Everything i've heard sounds better through a tube preamp. Much more involving.( I hope I didn't misspell anything audiogon doesn't have spell check. Ha! Ha!)
When I originally made the determination that the sony's variable out was superior, I had a set of sonic frontiers kt99 tube amps and an adcom gfp-750 and different cables. The sony's direct out was immediatly noticable as better. This may have been because of the sfm amps softening of detail. Now that I have the Pass Labs amps and Preamp, I prefer the preamp outputs. It has the same detail, but is just a little softer and less strident. Not quite as much glare. I have a feeling it's probably a component matching thing. They are so close that I almost feel silly making the distinction.