How many do"green edge"an silicon up CDs

Just curious how many audiophiles consider the treatment of CDs with the green edges on discs and/or the polishing of the surface with a silicon product to be worthwhile?
Or how many use a mat fitted over the disc while playing?
I have a thou or so discs with the green and AQ juice on 'em and am happy... (most purchased more than 10 years ago)
As I said just curious about others take on these "ol time mods.
elizabeth
A friend told me that applying green-edge is not recommended because when this dries up, bits of ink flakes can end up in the lens. Instead he recommende installing green light inside the player which will serve the same purpose as the green-edge. Anyone has done this?
Good thread. I have used two CD tweaks in my system: one with great results and one with minimal (no) result. The great result was with Optrix; the no result was with the Audioiprism green pen.
The Optrix spray brought a remarkable improvement in low level resolution, especially in my older CD's that I thought were poorly recorded. Because they were "poorly recorded" I hadn't listened to in years. With a good cleaning, wow! This makes sense as they were the oldest and probably the dirtiest CD's I have. Subsequently, they were the most improved by the cleaning.
Unfortunately, the green ink didn't fare as well. I put it on several of my reference discs and fired up the old transport (Muse 5 with a I2S connect to a model 2 plus DAC for reference). No difference. I was bummed, mostly due to the glowing promises from the audio store guys. I certainly had high expectations, but no result. I know others who have had good results with the green pen. I'm not sure why my system did not benefit.
An interesting side note is that the green pen contains a proprietary ink from some Japanese company- I heard all this from a Danish 'phile. Anyway, you can get it in ink pens at a store in Denmark called Koch & Tutein. (Needless to say it's not 16 bucks a pen there). I didn't buy any as it didn't work for me in the Audioprism pen. If anyone has the inkling (no pun intended), try it out.
Happy listening.

Todd
Yes, i use the green marker and the improvements are audible to anyone who can hear. I wouldn't bother if it didn't work. I asume that cleaning the edge of a cd would help as well. By cleaning i mean shaving. i have seen an expensive device that uses a blade to shave a thin layer off of the outside edge. Have you ever looked closely at the edge of a cd. When you do this remember that a cd works by reflecting a beam of light. Hey, this isn't rocket science. But, one important thing, don't spend $20 on an edge treatment, you can buy the same thing at any art store for $3. It is a Lumacolor pen, I forget the manufacturer but the guy or gal at the counter will know what you are asking for. Best thing is that this approach is permanent and one marker will treat thousands of cds. Try it but, only if you have an open mind. A biase on the front end never produces a desirable result. My determinations are based on a blind listening test that i preformed. I had two copies of the same cd , one of Sam Mclains, you know which one, I treated one and left the other alone. Then I did what sooooooo many people dont do, I listened, not knowing which i was listening to. I am now and was then a believer.

If you are going to form an opinion of something form it based on experience if possible. And, for three dollars no one has any excuses in this case.

Oh, one other thing, the result is directly proportional to the quality of your equipment. This is a subtle result but deffinitely noticable.
I have found (using the 'Uniposa' green) that burnishing the newly dried edge with a finger (rub the just dried edge several times around and around 'til it has a sheen) stops the later flaking of the paint.