How many do"green edge"an silicon up CDs

Just curious how many audiophiles consider the treatment of CDs with the green edges on discs and/or the polishing of the surface with a silicon product to be worthwhile?
Or how many use a mat fitted over the disc while playing?
I have a thou or so discs with the green and AQ juice on 'em and am happy... (most purchased more than 10 years ago)
As I said just curious about others take on these "ol time mods.
elizabeth
Yes, i use the green marker and the improvements are audible to anyone who can hear. I wouldn't bother if it didn't work. I asume that cleaning the edge of a cd would help as well. By cleaning i mean shaving. i have seen an expensive device that uses a blade to shave a thin layer off of the outside edge. Have you ever looked closely at the edge of a cd. When you do this remember that a cd works by reflecting a beam of light. Hey, this isn't rocket science. But, one important thing, don't spend $20 on an edge treatment, you can buy the same thing at any art store for $3. It is a Lumacolor pen, I forget the manufacturer but the guy or gal at the counter will know what you are asking for. Best thing is that this approach is permanent and one marker will treat thousands of cds. Try it but, only if you have an open mind. A biase on the front end never produces a desirable result. My determinations are based on a blind listening test that i preformed. I had two copies of the same cd , one of Sam Mclains, you know which one, I treated one and left the other alone. Then I did what sooooooo many people dont do, I listened, not knowing which i was listening to. I am now and was then a believer.

If you are going to form an opinion of something form it based on experience if possible. And, for three dollars no one has any excuses in this case.

Oh, one other thing, the result is directly proportional to the quality of your equipment. This is a subtle result but deffinitely noticable.
I have found (using the 'Uniposa' green) that burnishing the newly dried edge with a finger (rub the just dried edge several times around and around 'til it has a sheen) stops the later flaking of the paint.
Rodney Gold ( moderator of the Digital Asylum ) did some testing with various discs using his all digital system (Meridian) and his computer. According to all of the tests, "read time" on a disc was slower with far more errors and more corrections necessary on discs that were "markered". Discs that had been true'd, beveled or had the rough edges smoothed (but used no markered edges) read FASTER than "untreated" discs and did so with less errors.

Seeing that i own an Audio Desk Systeme Disk Cutter, i don't follow their directions completly. They say to "trim" the disc and then apply marker to the inside ring and outer edge. Since i have never experienced any benefit to "markering" and Rodney's testing shows poorer performance by doing so, i'll stick with cleaning the disc via warm soapy water, a thorough rinse and then careful drying, "cutting" the disc with the Audio Systeme unit and then Bedini'ing before playing. This has given me the best results. Of course, once it is cut, you never have to do it again.

I also have some Optrix and Auric Illuminator, but really haven't played with those enough to pass judgment on them. Either way, ALL of this is "hooey". Don't we all know that "CD's offer perfect sound. Forever" ???? Sean
>
I use the audioprism cd stoplight and also their cd blacklight disk which is a bore because you have to recharge it for 30 sec. before each disc play, but wouldnt be caught without it.