EMC1 mk2 vs Cary 306/200...

I have a EMC1 mk2, and I am getting a Cary 306/200 to compare the two together. Has anyone heard the two? What are your thoughts on these two units?

Peace.

Keith
128x128tok20000
Well folks, I liked the Cary better. Heh heh this is a little late coming, but I think the Cary 306/200 sounds more natural than the EMC mk2. The EMC sounded a bit more electronic with slightly less detail. These differences though was not glaring (they were pretty subtle). I probably could have lived with either player; however, I preferred the Cary.

KF
KF,

Was the EMC-1 you compared to the Cary the latest version? There is an upgrade available above and beyond the 24/192 DAC upgrade (mainly involves the replacement of quite a few passive components in the power supply, analog stages, etc.). As good as the 24/192 EMC-1 version is, the latest upgrade truly takes this player to another level.

Best Regards...Mike - Father & Son Audio
No the EMC-1 mk2 I tried was not the 'latest upgrade'.

It was the original 24/192 one.

Sincerely,

KF
Fs: What great bait! Ha!
So what's up with the upgrade? I had asked if J-S was willing to perform the upgrade at lower cost if a skilled end user or dealer simply sends them the affected boards instead of the 44 lb player...and got no response.
Sure would save a LOT of shipping inefficiency, and about 1/2 the time at the mod end...especially as a couple of 1/2 lb boards are a lot easier to maneuver than these arks!
Help us out here, as I would think that there would be several of us who'd be glad to part with the boards and $400 to get this mod accomplished expeditiously. Thanks.
Ern