Can almost anyone learn to set up a Cartridge?

I continue to look for a plug and play only because I do not know how and really have no idea what so ever on how to set up a cartridge. Is this something a novice can learn and do with the manual that is supplied with the TT or cartridge? Do I purchase set up aids of one sort or another?
I want to use a MC cartridge and it seems when ever I find something I have a interest in it has a MM mounted or no cartridge at all.
Just six months ago my wife has now allowed me to change light bulbs, so I think I am ready to take that next step and be able to mount my own cartridge.
Ok fellows, be gentle, I am not a young buck, but I am eager to learn.
Thanks,
Dave
valleyplastic
Thank you for the reply's to my question. They are all appreciated. I feel in reading these it is something I can even do.
Thank Again,
you might want to get a cheapo used cartridge to practice with.....small mistakes can cost a LOT of money...
A lot depends on your arm/cartridge combo. It took me forever to dial in a Graham 2.2 Benz Ruby because of the azimuth and those damn sideweights. Then there id the damping fluid level. Pain in the ass but was well worth it when I finally got it right. I'd find a dealer who knows whats he's doing and let him help you out.