Mr Clean Eraser for Stylus Cleaning

I recently tried the Mr Clean Magic Eraser (which thanks to Doug Deacon is another cheep-o break-through for analog from Audiogon forum members) and found it very effective. Previously I had only been giving a swipe with last stylus cleaner.
My question is this ... would the eraser be even better after wetting and compressing? I know many have warned against using it wet. But once wet and squeezed and dried again, the cleaned has a much greater density which seems better adapted to cleening the fine surface of the stylus.
128x128jyprez
You said it works great. It has no chemicals in it so what is the point of wetting and drying? I suppose you could give it a try and let us know if it appears there's any difference.
Doesn't the pores in the sponge catch your needle and could tear it out from the cart?
I don't understand how to use it?
To use: Cut a small square (1-2") of the white Mr. Clean.
Some folks push a toothpick into the edge of it to act as a handle, some folks attach the square to a quarter.
Place the Magic Eraser on your platter, bring the tone arm over and lower the stylus onto the square, raise the tonearm, repeat if neccessary. DO NOT scrape the Magic Eraser against the stylus, unless you are supremely confident you can do so safely. Lowering onto the Mr. Clean and the raising it should be sufficient to clean most styli...