VPI Scoutmaster or Nottingham Space Deck...?

Hey guys, I need some advice from some seasoned vinyl junkies out there!

I'm getting back into vinyl, and have it narrowed down to these two fine tables.

Is there much of a difference, sonically, between them?
Plus's / minus's of ea.?

Thanks to any & all.
denf
Readster,
The Ace Space tonearm is quieter and tracks better than the JMW-9 which is flawed by design. The lack of anti-skating adjustment, despite Harry's protestations, prevents the arm from tracking properly. For grins and giggles, try a JMW-9 on the last track (the anti-skating torture track) on the Hi Fi test record and you'll see what I mean. Most high quality reference systems do NOT use VPI arms; comparably priced Schroeders, Grahams, and Tri Planars are the way to go IMO.
Hey Judy, while i respect your opinion as i do anyone, as audio is definately subjective, i have to disagree with your opinion on the anti skating, all tonearm manufacturers can do at best with anti skating is estimate the amount of force needed to offset the natural pull that the circular grooves create, it is NOT a measureable value, or i should say, it is measureable, but not a constant value, the force changes continuously, and i do believe Harry W's findings are true,that alot of anti skating mechanisms, add unnecessary vibration and noise. and to address your statement regarding the vpi tonearms used on other "high end" tables, that doesn't surprise me at all, the vpi arms are specifically designed and optimized for use on vpi tables, most other tonearm manufacturers don't design and build tables, so they're specialty is designing tonearms only. i don't know of too many tt manufacturers, that design tonearms that are considered among the best "add on" or "after market" arms. but hey, with that said, to each his own, i guess if everyone heard the same thing, they're would only be one choice when it came to equipment available.
Readster
That's a very nice response and I thank you. But the torture track I alluded to on the Hi Fi Record is not subjective audio as you suggest.
Try that JMW-9 or 10 or 10.5 or 12.5 in that last track and get back to me after it jumps out. Harry might build nice tables but the tonearms leave a ton to be desired.
Well, i understand the basis for your argument, is that it won't withstand a "torture test", which in reality, really proves nothing to me, the concept of anti skating, is to keep the tip of the stylus perfect riding in between the two side of an almost microscopic groove, so if too much or too little force is applied, can be very damaging, physically and sonically, i guess that is my point with the guesstimations of most anti skating devices, also, in line with my comment about the vpi arms, there is alot to say for the synergy between a table and an arm, which i feel is great achieved with the vpi setups, so a vpi arm on any particular table, may "leave alot to be desired" as you say, but to me, all the vpi tables i've heard, are pretty hard to beat sonically, imo. and i have heard a few different tables in action.
FWIW. Whether or not a person wants to use the 'torture test' tracks is something to chew on. I've done it on three tables and cartridges and I'm not sure it tells anything that is related to sonic performance under reasonable or typical operating conditions.
After an expensive (for me anyway) cartridge went south on me prematurely, it sorta gave me that 'you dummy' feeling knowing that I had submitted it to visible long travel oscillation that is much worse than anything it will see during playback. The failure was probably just a coincidence, but I now am as delicate with cartridges as I can be.
Happy Listening!