VPI Scoutmaster or Nottingham Space Deck...?

Hey guys, I need some advice from some seasoned vinyl junkies out there!

I'm getting back into vinyl, and have it narrowed down to these two fine tables.

Is there much of a difference, sonically, between them?
Plus's / minus's of ea.?

Thanks to any & all.
denf
Readster
That's a very nice response and I thank you. But the torture track I alluded to on the Hi Fi Record is not subjective audio as you suggest.
Try that JMW-9 or 10 or 10.5 or 12.5 in that last track and get back to me after it jumps out. Harry might build nice tables but the tonearms leave a ton to be desired.
Well, i understand the basis for your argument, is that it won't withstand a "torture test", which in reality, really proves nothing to me, the concept of anti skating, is to keep the tip of the stylus perfect riding in between the two side of an almost microscopic groove, so if too much or too little force is applied, can be very damaging, physically and sonically, i guess that is my point with the guesstimations of most anti skating devices, also, in line with my comment about the vpi arms, there is alot to say for the synergy between a table and an arm, which i feel is great achieved with the vpi setups, so a vpi arm on any particular table, may "leave alot to be desired" as you say, but to me, all the vpi tables i've heard, are pretty hard to beat sonically, imo. and i have heard a few different tables in action.
FWIW. Whether or not a person wants to use the 'torture test' tracks is something to chew on. I've done it on three tables and cartridges and I'm not sure it tells anything that is related to sonic performance under reasonable or typical operating conditions.
After an expensive (for me anyway) cartridge went south on me prematurely, it sorta gave me that 'you dummy' feeling knowing that I had submitted it to visible long travel oscillation that is much worse than anything it will see during playback. The failure was probably just a coincidence, but I now am as delicate with cartridges as I can be.
Happy Listening!
I'm pretty happy with the Hyperspace/12" Anna arm and Benz ruby setup. I had the ability of a dealer come to the house a couple of times to set it up which left me at ease. He also had comments on lack of info. It doesn't need as much tweaking as other tables. It is better than the Linn Sondek as far as bass and dynamics and constant tweaking and bettered the VPI aries the same way. Michael Fremer usually gives Nottingham a good bashing every now and again but I usually have no idea what he's talking about. I intend to put a better cartridge than the Benz Ruby 2. Any ideas
What kind of music do you listen to? If you are happy w. the Ruby 2, the LP is supposed to be much improved. I had it & didn't like it. But I had a problem w. mine.

I used a Koetsu Urushi on mine. I loved it until my cleaning women broke it. Now I have a VDH Condor but I don't have my phono preamp for another month so I don't know how it sounds. I just like the idea of a stylus replacement costing only $500 or so compared to some others which cost $2000 plus