TRL 595-how good is it?

I am a digital junky, so I have been thru well over a dozen players in the past 12 months. My favorite is the APL 3910. I just bought the TRL Sony 595 from the Tsunami auction, and will receive next week. Any one here have experience with this machine? I TT Paul from TRL and he said he is still shaking his head from disbelief on how good this puppy sounds. I am impatient, so would love some feedback. I also love the fact it is a 5 disc changer. Could it be a world beater? I have TT a person who sold his Cary 303/200 after burning this puppy in.

Ehquiring minds want to know

Thanks
711smilin
Steve(711smilin)-

I would suggest that you take up any concerns or misunderstandings with Paul Weitzel directly like an adult. Making the kind of one sided allegations you are implying about his business dealings with you in a public forum is another bizarre chapter in your behavior on these forums.

Paul and the TRL staff are the definition of integrity in this field and have decades of an impeccable earned reputation among customers, reviewers, and colleagues in the industry.

While you have a right to your opinion about your likes and dislikes in audio-you have no license to imply that TRL lied, or mislead you.
Smilin has a right to share his experience, like anyone else. As a reader of these threads, I look for information pertaining not only to quality and characteristics of gear, but also to experiences with manufacturers and dealers.

Lkdog, you clearly have a good experience with TRL, and you've been positively promoting TRL and Paul's products for months.

A differeing opinion is welcome. No one is perfect.
Tvad-

As is usual, we have similar views of this entire discussion forum medium which typically offers useful info and ideas, and opinions.
As I have stated many many times, opinions are welcome.
As you well know, I don't make any proclamtions about any gear being the best as that is an inherently absurd path IMHO.
Yes, I do often talk positively about many manufacturers I have dealt with - Ven Haus Audio, DH Labs, KAB USA, Audio Concepts, Inc., RS Audio cables, Hagerman, and TRL. If this is useful to some great; if not disregard it.

The opinions of Steve on what he likes and why are welcome.

Misrepresenting a manufacturer as basically lying or misleading is not welcome-at least to me.
LKdog, what the hell are you saying? What reviews have you found on TRL, in the professional press. I have spent many hours scouring, searching the internet for professional reviews on TRL amps, pre-amps, ect. The only reviews I can find are on the trl sony's. I am only reporting MY personnal experience with doing business with TRL. I am happy to tell all, to those who want REAL feedback. I have been on an audio journey, which has put me in contact with many, many manufacturers, both big, and small. I share this info. on this forum to tell the TRUTH.

Not BS. This is MO of my experience with the subject, and thus, very well expected in this thread. Just cause you love your TRL unit, I am happy for you. Truely. But, you have neither the $$$, or desire to REALLY buy, try, evaluate, in the same way as myself. Maybe you should come on over and have a listen for yourself, than YOU would truely see how much better the APL, Exemplar, and Modwright units blow away the TRL 595. You should really get experience before you judge without actual knowledge. There is NO WAY IN HELL your opinion on this means anything, uless you have listened for yourself, or been involved with TRL on MY level, not yours.

Have fun in your journey, cause I am having fun in mine.

By the way, I tried to let this thread die, but you guys keep coming, and I just as Jack says"Just the Facts MAM"

BW
Steve
In fairness Steve, I was the one who re-awoke the thread on 06/07 with a pointer to the recent TRL/APL shootout. See:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?ddgtl&1108159717&openfrom&122&4#122
The thread had been dorment before that for about 1 month. On the other hand, the current exchange, if a little passionate, is quite informative.