Mating power cords with APL 3910

While waiting for my (Denon) APL 3910 to arrive, I need some help in coming up with a short list of power cords to audition with it. In addition to listing the PCs you liked best with this unit, it would be most helpful if you could provide some specificity. In particular, what sonic and musical virtues are the offspring when the particular PC is mated with the APL 3910? Sonically speaking, which PCs didn't do as well with it? Are there any PCs that mate well (or don't mate well) with digital sources in general?
puremusic
John, this page might be useful to compare power conditioners from several manufacturers. Also, the UPC-200 competes with the Hydra 4 and other products in this line are forthcoming.

Just FYI...

Tvad,
Thanks for the links. From my first quick read, the UPC-200 is more promising than the Ultimate High Current Outlet. However, the PS comparison tool does not yet list the UPC-200. So, I was not able to get a quick comparison with the Hydra 4. I need to do some research.

Also, I'm waiting for Grant from Shunyata to respond to my email regarding my questions about the nature of filtration and duplex/outlet isolation within the different Hydra units. Since I have multiple dedicated lines, I would like to isolated the high-current amps from the low-current APL. And, if its is not too costly to isolate the right channel from the left to reduce cross-channel talk and contamination.
John
John, I look forward to Grant's response, too.
You asked: "I would like to isolated the high-current amps from
the low-current APL. And, if its is not too costly to isolate the right
channel from the left to reduce cross-channel talk and
contamination."

The UPC-200 has two isolated power cell modules that I believe
accomplish what you wish to do. From the PS Audio website:
"Each module is connected to a rear mounted Power Port and is
isolated from the second internal UPC module.  This arrangement allows
the user to separately power their equipment, providing isolation for
digital and analog, or power amps and source equipment, or video and
audio."

The PS Audio product comparison chart lumps all the Ultimate Outlet
products (including the UPC-200) into one category: Standard/HC/UPC-

Regardless, having read on another thread about your system and your
power cord short list, it appears you are focusing on a certain price point
which is above PS Audio and other products I've highlighted. My posts
were attempts to offer value-per-dollar alternatives to the most
expensive Shunyata products, and other stratospherically priced power
cords. I'm preaching to the wrong congregation here, so I'm going to
wish you good hunting on your power cord/conditioning quest. I'm
certain your APL is going to sound terrific with whichever product you
choose.
Tvad,
You are not preaching to the wrong crowd! Note how many times I explicitly stated or implied in my posts that I am looking for an economic solution. If I was not interested in your suggested value-per-dollar alternatives I would not have wasted my time checking your links and reading the reviews (where available) for those alternatives. In my response to your previous post, I stated that I found the UPC-200 to be more interesting to me than the Ultimate Outlet precisely for the reason you point out in your last post. Namely, the two zones in the UPC-200 are isolated, which means that I could achieve my major goals with two UPC units on two dedicated AC lines. One to isolate the right channel from the left one for my Jadis mono amps. And on the other UPC unit, I could isolate the high-current Krell from the low-current APL. Based on Grant's comments about Hydra 2 and Mr. Perry's observations, it appears that Hydra 2 is more optimal for amps than the Hydra 4. At this point, it appears to me that Hydra 2 will not be able to isolate my APL from my Krell. Consequenty, I will need 3 or 4 Hydras to accomplish my major goals. And for each additional power conditioner, there is another power cord. Grant's clarification about the level of isolation and filtration in the Hydra units, will help determine the number of Hydras I will need. I also need to know more about UPC's balun type filter. The UPC-200 is new and I was unaware of its existence until you brought it to my attention. I am grateful to you for that. At this stage, the Hydras and the UPC-200 are the frontrunners for my power conditioners.

As with the power conditioners, I do not have a set price point in mind for the power cords. However, there is a bigger picture to my upgrade journey. Namely, I will need to upgrade the power cords for the three amps as well. Since I will not have a preamp in my sytem, logic dictates that I put the best PC on the APL. Based on the characterists of PCs described in this thread as well as several others, I would place Virtual Dynamics Night 2 (which I heard), Elrod EPS sig 2, and the Xindak gold as the front runners on my short list to audition first on the APL unit. The remainder of the short list consists of Wolf Carbon Source, Mini Khan Plus, Foundation Research, Shunyata, and VH AirSine. In view of the fact that I will need a total of 6 or 7 power cords, all the value-per-dollar alternatives are still viable candidates for an economic solution.
John
I am using both the Ps audio uo high current version and the hydra2 in my system. I am running the power amplifier (ML331) through the Hydra2 and the cd-player-preamp ML 39 through the UO. Accoring to my experiences, the UO is shifting upward the soundprint of the system. The combination Ps audio Lab cable (original) and the UO proved to be the right combination to return to a more equally balanced soundprint ( or how I was accustomed to).