Best speaker a wife would tolerate

I HAVE TO HEAR GOOD SOUNDING EQUIPTMENT. MY WIFE JUST TOURTURES ME AND MY GEAR.
WHAT CAN A POOR BOY DO ? SOMETHING SMALLER WITH A SUBWOOFER . HELP BEFORE
THE FENG SHUI LADY SHOWS UP AT THE DOOR
128x128fleone
Just upgraded from Vandersteens (huge black things) to elegant Meadowlarks. My wife actually said she liked the new speakers (a first). Check out the lighter "ash" color. Lots of bass and easy to drive.
Hands down best finish is the Vienna Acoustics. Mozart has good (not great) bass.
Probably the best finish-out on speakers goes to Legacy Audio. Unfortunately, the sonics don't keep up with the
cosmetics.
My B&W P5 are well received in Cherry. The Matrix I had for a while were a little too obnoxious (they were tolerated). The Nautilus 804 and 803 look stylish in Cherry also (The 803 my next upgrade).
If size is an issue, the Mordant-short mentioned above is a nice small speaker. B&W CDM-2 look nice too.
diapason adamantes' are small stand-mounted speakers that are georgeous, & do a disappearing act sonically. *what* speakers,honey?!? ;~) bass output is also wery good for speakers of this size. r:e: subs, to do 'em properly for 2-channel audio, they may very-well end-up being more obtrusive than full-range floor-standers, as far as the wife is concerned.

i'm saving for newform research nhb645's or r645's, which are butt-ugly, imho - the wife's too - i only hope they sound as good as reputed, so that way she won't let me get rid of 'em after the 30-day in-home trial is over! :>)