Spendor, Harbeth...why so hot ?

I never had chance to listen them and compaire. But it appear that these speakers have very vocal crowd praising them. What are the advantages of these speakers versus equvalent B&W or Dynaudio? How they sound?
tinfoil26929
Another footnote, re the mini-monitors slighted above as "pretty good for the money." I am not familiar with the Spendor S3/5, but it has many fans. The Harbeth P3 I do know. It is superb. With good source, electronics and cabling, properly sited near field (to avoid reflections) with the tweeters at ear height, the P3 is just stunning. Accurate tonality, clarity and precise imaging with palpable 3 dimensionality. Incredibly revealing. There's another thread about Stereophile's recommended list in which some of us commented on the difference between Class C and B. The Class C rated Harbeth P3 is easily better than several of the Class B small speakers reviewed over the years. I know many many people who, like me, prefer the P3 to, for example, the much more expensive B-rated ProAc 1s or sc (for the reasons suggested above by Bob) or the somewhat more expensive B-rated Totem Model 1. So, much much more than "pretty good for the money."

My P3's, like my Compact 7's, were assembled by one technician, tested and certified to match within less than 1/2 db, and videotaped in case the cabinets ever need service. They are also Alan Shaw designs, a very hands-on designer and managing director.

Bob, you remind me of my mother who, when she saw me putting sugar in my coffee asked, "why do you drink coffee if you don't like it?"
Spendors are somewhat polite, very natural sounding. Long break-in. Not for rock and roll or very dynamic music. They are superb at what they are intended to do.
To all who would listen to this speaker splendor, try them with the passion tube amp. Though it did not rock the house, they were quite beautiful to listen to. I found great pleasure with there musical performance.
Really--not for rock and roll???? 

Spendors are somewhat polite, very natural sounding. Long break-in. Not for rock and roll or very dynamic music. They are superb at what they are intended to do.
I’d recommend without hesitation Harberths for anyone listening mainly or only to classical. But that can’t be the reason to their fame.