Suggestions for a monitor speaker

I need a monitor speaker for a small room, low to medium loudness levels, with high quality associated components. (Magnum Dynalab 208, Proceed CDD transport,Musical Fidelity AC 24 upsampling DAC, Nordost interconnect/speaker cable)Cost really isn't a major concern.
trudellbc
I have a great suggestion for you and I hope that you don't shy away from them because they are such a great deal at $1500.

The Carolina Audio JSM's using the Jordan full range driver in a transmission line cabinet. With no crossover and extremely high quality drivers they are incredibly transparent. They are flat to 20k and the high end extension is so natural and coherent. They have a great bass response completely absent of that midbass hump that plagues so many reflex speakers yet the have great extension and definition with a real sense of space around the bass.

They disappear like no other speaker have heard and the voices just float between the speakers much like with quads but without the beeaming and limited sweet spot etc....

The coherence and dymnamics of thi speaker... especially the microdynamics allow it to portey the rhtmic flow of the music so well. The small nuances that bring a performance to life. These are the things that I feel get swallowed up in inefficient sealed boxes and overcomplicated crossovers. This speaker just plai lets you hear the recording.

I have a slightly larger room and decided to go with the floorstanding JTM's which do give you some more bass as well as saving money on stands.

These are fantastic speakers worthy of being used with the best of equipment. www.carolinaaudio.com
ascend acoustics CBM-170 for $328.
Dynaudio BM-5 pro monitor is said to be better than the Audience series and costs $599 from www.markertek.com.
You may need to spend more... . . then maybe not.
There are so many great monitors out there,it is hard to say what you would prefer.Could you tell us what kind of music you listen to and what you want in a monitor.Also the room dimensions that your planning to use them in.For example.. forward sounding, laid back or something down the middle.Imaging and soundstage with lite in the ass bass or something with impact.Efficient speakers are not really and issue with your Magnum but your cables would swing me towards a soft dome tweeter.
Revel M20 or if price no object Ultima Gems. These are both fantastic speakers.