Most compatable amp for ACI Sapphire III

Just got these speakers a couple of weeks ago and am now upgrading the system to go with it. I want to replace the old Yamaha R-7 receiver with separates, already have a Magnum Dynalab F-11 Tuner on hold. Also using a Sony 80-ES CD player.
Been looking at Rotel pre-amps & amps...(RC-1070 & RB-1050) plus an older RC995 amp.
Any thoughts on the compatability of Rotel equipment with these speakers? I like a warmer sound, can go another $700 or so with the amp/pre-amp. Cabinet size limits me to just over 17" width, so that chucks some items out the window.
Thanks for any help!
mantatoo
Hi, forget about Rotel, the sound is boring. Take a foray into an integrated tube amp (antique sound, jolida, dynaco, used conrad johnson or audio research) and you'll thank me. Also get an NAD turntable and a grado cartridge (budget analog) and get some LPs. Then you'll hear the sound you want.
Anthem makes some very nice sounding tube gear for the money. Do a search for Anthem on Audiogon and read the reviews at the manufacturer's web site, www.sonicfrontiers.com. The Integrated 1 is in your price range, but is a little underpowered at 25 watts. The integrated 2 is a hybrid model and should fit the bill. I've used a Pre1L and Amp 1 to drive these speakers--that may stretch your budget a little...but sounds very nice with these speakers.
I echo the tube option. Offerings such as the VAC Avatar, Conrad Johnson CAV-50, and Audio Research CA-50 would sound great.

Johnny