best monitor available?

I am looking for some input on a potential upgrade to my totem mani2's. I only want to upgrade if it is an obvious improvement (therefore no mani 2 se) and I do not want to change my electronics. (EAD amp/pre pro with latest dacs.) All listening is nearfield, 20ft w by 12 ft deep b7 8 ft high exercise area with speakers on the wide wall 1 foot out. Listening to all but classical, with a velodyne sub for lf. Large amount of off center listening of music and open to small floorstanders if necessary. Have thought about revel gems, wilson benesch, jm lab, verity and others, but only have current experience with revel and totem. I am flexible on price. thanks for your input.
emster
If your looking for the best monitor around, look into the Kharma 3.2 w/diamond tweeter and enigma cable/crossover upgrade, you will have one of the best speakers period- all in a nice 75lbs. package. Contact those who have heard these little gems, don't listen to all those who say "its not possible for that to sound good" because they haven't heard them. You will NOT be dissapointed.
No classical? Your loss! Btw, Spendor makes best monitors available. Hands down!
My vote goes for the Totem Mani-2. Don't take my word, read the review at Stereophile. Hector
Tim, are we now classifying any 2-way speaker as a "monitor"? The Kharmas I thought are floor-standers, and I associate the designation with small-to-medium stand-mounts (at least as we audiophiles have bastardized the term; in a recording studio, whatever you're using to monitor your playback is a "monitor", no matter what the configuration) - usually 2-way, but not necessarily. Is any box dynamic speaker now a monitor (again, in the studio, real monitors can often employ horn-loading as well)?
(Don't sweat it man, you didn't come up with these fuzzy definitions... :-)

BTW, I think the best monitor is the Komodo dragon... ;^)
Zaikesman- You are correct when you say it is a floor stander, but the name of the speaker is the 3.2 reference monitor. Also Emster said
open to small floorstanders if necessary
so I figured that one of the best sounding speakers that just happens to be really small would be a great choice for this person.