Quad 12L, PMC TB2, or Harbeth Compact 7ES-2?

I am looking to match a monitor speaker with the Plinus 8100 integrated amp. I know the Harbeths are a jump in price from the Quad 12L and PMC TB2, but I wondering which speaker represents the best value, especially in terms of the sound of the bass. I am not able to easily audition these speakers. The room is 15'x15', and I will be adding a Rega turntable and phono preamp after the speakers. Thanks.
jxarchive
I have auditioned at length the Quad 12L and the Harbeth Compact 7 ES-2 in the last month. Despite the Quads attractive lacquered wood finish, there is no other comparision possible at all-go for the Harbeth-there's no question that's it is in a completely different league-a non fatiguing, utterly transparent speaker, a classic, in all likelihood.

I've seen but not auditioned the Professional Monitor Company speakers.

They are not very attractive looking is my only observation!
I know this isn't entirely helpful, since I didn't do the comparison, but I absolutely love my Harbeth Compact 7ES-2. I first heard them at CES with a Plinius 102 amp, and they took my breath away on female vocal. I've heard them at home with both a Bruce Moore tube amp and a new (unbroken) PS Audio HCA-2, and they sound great on both. They are certainly worth giving a listen. Walter Swanbon of Fidelis (www.fidelisav.com) sold me mine. He's a good guy!
Agreed the Harbeth's are great. If you can stretch for the Super HL-5 it's a nice step up - more bass. But they all sound great. Much better than their looks would imply!

-Ed