Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Thankyou Audioengr for your reply, I believe in direct coupled componets, I have one now that I am happy with, I look forward to your new componet offerings that you are working on, currious, what is the usual shelf life of a componet you offer?, you know, how long do you sale a model before you come out with newer better?, cheers.
Audiolaby, The Job 225 power amp and the upcoming monoblocs are DC coupled. I am hoping to audition the monoblocs at the factory in a few weeks if their invitatation still holds.
I was at the show yesterday and the Lampi guys really nailed it. One of the best sounds. So did the Naim/Focal guys (the smaller Focals blew away the larger focals with VAC gear on the 2nd floor.
Matt, sticking with class D? A friend with trusted ears has told me that the Mola Mola Kaluga mono's are like nothing he has heard before. I have not yet heard them, but I sure want to.

Cheers!
Hi,

I would like to state that the overdrive se playing red book was significantly better than the emm dac2x playing dsd of the same recording. Better holography, transients and decay. To me more visceral, engaging and organic.

I would strongly consider the sx and either not bother with dsd or have a dsd dac.